Adding custom maps in Origin's C&C Ult. Coll.

by trapee01

Original Post

Re: Adding custom maps in Origin's C&C Ult. Coll.

★ Apprentice

Does anyone know the exact folder to drop them in? I've tried every variation of the 'maps' folder but nothing works (they don't even show on the maps list). 

Also just saying "the main folder" doesn't mean anything. Please be specific as there are plenty of folders to choose which could be the main folder.

I also only have either 'battle' or 'free for all'. There are no other game options available. Has anyone else encountered this?

Message 11 of 15 (3,353 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks this was very helpful!

Message 12 of 15 (2,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Gen_Punishment I'm Having the same issue. I've tried putting them in the main folder where the installation was, also tried putting them in maps/custom, but they're not showing up for me either.
Message 13 of 15 (1,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Cottenmouth58 

None of these people, including you, have even mentioned which game they are talking about. The original question in this thread was about Red Alert 2, and, like all games older than C&C Generals, it acts a lot different than the newer ones, since these older games don't use the windows Documents folder. The only place they are capable of checking is their own installation folder.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 14 of 15 (1,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The main game folder is just the first folder after Origin games folder. Once you download your maps and extract them to .yrm file, just place the .yrm file into the folder after the Origin games folder. No sub folder needed. Then restart Origin or EA app and boot up Red Alert 2, etc. You have to play most downloaded mod maps under the Battle mode within Skirmish. The new maps will be at the very bottom of the maps list. Good luck!

Message 15 of 15 (424 Views)