side menu with build options not visible

by armia4design

Original Post

side menu with build options not visible

★ Novice

I just bought the game and the side menu to first build the base has empty options all options to build are not visible. my graphic card is RTX 2070 super. How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 4 (745 Views)

Re: side menu with build options not visible

[ Edited ]
Hero

@armia4design

There is nothing wrong there. You just have no structures to build stuff with.

The Mobile Construction Vehicle is not a unit that builds things. The only thing capable of building structures in C&C is the Construction Yard building. The MCV is a packed-up Construction Yard, and it needs to be unpacked before it is a working Construction Yard.

If you start the actual campaign missions, this is explained to you, but don't expect beginner's tooltips for skirmish or online games; they are meant for players who already grasp the basics.

Note that there is a guide for this. On the game's main menu, click the Help button, then follow the "Get started in C&C Remastered" link. It will bring you to a basic gameplay guide.

You may also want to check out the original game's manuals. Some of the key bindings may be slightly different, and the sidebar is a bit redesigned, but 98% of the manual will still apply completely the same way to the remaster, and it has a really handy overview of all the units and structures and their functions.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (723 Views)

★ Novice

You have no idea what I talking about, I am talking about a technical problem in the game itself, I spent my childhood playing this game I know how to play it. The side menu has no options in all of the game and many other players having the same issue. 

Message 3 of 4 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@armia4design 

The screenshot you gave clearly shows that your MCV is not deployed to a construction yard yet, and in that case it's perfectly normal that you can't build stuff yet.

If I have no idea what I'm talking about, it's because you gave a screenshot that just shows a completely normal game situation. If you get an abnormal situation during gameplay, give a screenshot of the abnormal situation. Because the one you gave is not abnormal at all.

This isn't C&C: Generals. The MCV is not a "builder unit". You need to deploy that thing before you get any build options at all.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (615 Views)