Re: "Mission Select" options disappeared

by Dyacorum

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Mission Select" options disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Earlier today I finished the GDI campaign and was browsing through the menus, on the "Mission Select" screen I saw that I was able to replay all my previous missions as well as the alternative A/B/C missions. That's pretty rad.

I closed the game and reopened it a couple hours later and now there's nothing in "Mission Select" besides the first mission, all my saves are intact however.

Any help is appreciated, I wanted to go for 100% and don't feel like spending another five hours to complete missions I've already done Frown

edit: My bonus unlocks are gone too :'(

edit2; And my options appear to be reset

Message 1 of 5 (2,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@ANeatHat 

This might be due to keeping too many savegames; a side effect of the handy quick save feature and the fact savegames can't be selected for overwrite, combined with a full screenshot being saved per savegame as "thumbnail".

Try deleting a bunch of your savegames and see if that remedies the issue.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,952 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@ANeatHat 

This might be due to keeping too many savegames; a side effect of the handy quick save feature and the fact savegames can't be selected for overwrite, combined with a full screenshot being saved per savegame as "thumbnail".

Try deleting a bunch of your savegames and see if that remedies the issue.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 5 (1,953 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having this problem too, was a devil to figure out. In my case I beat Tiberian Dawn first and used quicksave liberally. Then Red Alert refused to save my game settings/hotkeys no matter what. Finally found this thread. However, deleting saved games in \documents wasn't enough, I also had to delete them in \Steam\userdata\<your ID>\1213210\remote and disable cloud save for C&C remastered in steam options. Fortunately this didn't delete mission select progress in TD. It also made the games start up much faster.

Message 3 of 5 (1,866 Views)

★★ Apprentice

In addition to the above reply, it could be an issue with your Player_TD_settings_1.bin or Player_RA_settings_1.bin files. 

In my case, the RA settings were missing. I had to do some contortionist magic to get it to repopulate the file (Steam version). I posted the solution somewhere on the Bug Reports forum.

Message 4 of 5 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks guys. I ended up refunding the game on Origin and buying it on Steam, as well as freeing up a lot of disk space.

I think it was the too many saved games/running out of space that did it for me.

Message 5 of 5 (1,733 Views)