Re: Tiberian Historian Stuck at 86/87

by SnakeheadMonster

Original Post

Tiberian Historian Stuck at 86/87

★★★ Newbie

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug After completing every Tiberian Dawn mission, the 'Tiberian Historian' achievement is still stuck at 86/87. How do I fix this?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete every Tiberian Dawn mission and check the Steam achievements.
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't get credit for the achievement.
What do you expect to see? The Tiberian Historian achievement.

I'v

Message 1 of 2 (491 Views)

Re: Tiberian Historian Stuck at 86/87

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Le_Puge hey, another player also had the same issue (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-Best-Around-Achievement-stuck-at-80-81-Tiberian-Dawn/td-p/...)
or

try this

work around the problem:

Delete the save file (make a backup first), located at "\Steam\userdata\<your ID>\1213210\remote\Player_TD_settings_1.bin". This resets your ingame progress (but not the Steam achievements, of course). Also make sure you disable savegame syncing for C&C in Steam before attempting this.

After that you can play again the mission(s) that the achievement is missing. The downside is that you have to play the mission again, and this is a bigger inconvenience if you don't know which mission it is or if there are many.

After doing this and getting the missing Steam achievement you can copy your savegame file(s) back. I managed to get my ingame progress back this way, Getting back the saves, Also remember to put the Steam savegame syncing back on.
Message 2 of 2 (449 Views)