Re: Soviet mission 5 doesn't end/ is unbeatable

by Oakleyb

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

To be fair, development was not 20 years ago. The original Red Alert didn't have issue. You can launch the original and freely beat this mission. I tested this to see if it was the case.

Expecting people to know they need to nudge the MCV so that the pathing can fix itself, is not realistic.

Message 11 of 15 (638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem. I destroyed the first base, but not the MCV. I attacked it with a soldier, but nothing happened. I dropped a savegame and loaded it. the MCV started moving and went to the next island.

I hope this helps someone. 

Message 12 of 15 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Oakleyb wrote:

To be fair, development was not 20 years ago. The original Red Alert didn't have issue. You can launch the original and freely beat this mission. I tested this to see if it was the case.

Expecting people to know they need to nudge the MCV so that the pathing can fix itself, is not realistic.

No, several people confirmed this is 100% a legacy issue that also occurred occasionally on the original game.

If you didn't get it, good for you. But as I said, it's not something that happens every time. In fact some people reported just killing the MCV before it boarded on the Remaster version and still finishing the mission anyway.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 13 of 15 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice

Good little “hero” shill for your EA overlords! Dance puppet dance! 

Message 14 of 15 (508 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is fixed now, tyvm Petroglyph for caring about your products.

Message 15 of 15 (432 Views)