by RC1985RA

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Possible memory bug on GDI mission 7?

★★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug GDI mission 7 takes on from what you destroyed in mission 6
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play GDI mission 6 at any difficulty. C4 any building. Then return to main menu, select GDI mission 7 (MUST be at the same difficulty). The building you C4-ed is no longer there.
What happens when the bug occurs? As above
What do you expect to see? As above

So this happened when playing GDI mission 7 after completing mission 6. On mission 6 my commando destroyed the airstrip so I got to skip to mission 8, but I wanted to do mission 7 so I went back to the main menu, went to the mission select screen, and chose mission 7. And I found that the airstrip is missing.

I'm not sure if this should be the case; on classic C&C I don't recall any 'memory snapshots' of mission 7 taking after what happened in mission 6. If there really is such a 'memory snapshot' then this post is incorrect and there isn't any bug.

What's interesting is that this snapshot also follows game difficulty. For example if you do mission 6 on easy mode and take out the hand of nod, then on mission 7 easy mode there's no hand of nod, but on hard mode there is (so to remove the hand on hard mode, go back to mission 6 and C4 the hand).

Message 1 of 6 (1,602 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Possible memory bug on GDI mission 7?

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RC1985RA This works as expected if you play the mission normally and destroy the airstrip with the commando, you get to Skip Mission 7 and go directly to Mission 8.

If you manually play Mission 7 (via Mission select), then the building that you had Destroyed in Mission 6 (Airstrip in your case) is missing.

Thais how it was in Legacy Game as well.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,560 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RC1985RA This works as expected if you play the mission normally and destroy the airstrip with the commando, you get to Skip Mission 7 and go directly to Mission 8.

If you manually play Mission 7 (via Mission select), then the building that you had Destroyed in Mission 6 (Airstrip in your case) is missing.

Thais how it was in Legacy Game as well.
Message 2 of 6 (1,561 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I see. I never noticed this in the classic version. I looked at my vid of it years ago and all structures were intact..

Message 3 of 6 (1,520 Views)

Hero

@RC1985RA 

Yea, a fun way of cheesing mission 7 on Hard mode is to take out the refinery in mission 6; then they just don't have any economy at all Tongue out

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 6 (1,487 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, while for speedrunning purposes taking out the Hand of Nod works best Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RC1985RA wrote:

I see. I never noticed this in the classic version. I looked at my vid of it years ago and all structures were intact..

By messing with debug controls to reveal the map, I confirmed that in the original game, the building is missing from the start, but the AI simply rebuilds it. So unless you pick the Construction Yard or Refinery, it has no real impact, besides a minor increase in the AI's spending early in the mission. I'm assuming that because of this lack of real effect, the Remaster team decided to also remove the structure from the mission's rebuild list.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 6 of 6 (1,039 Views)