Pillboxes in Red Alert

by Murff576

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pillboxes in Red Alert

★★★ Novice

It looks like I can only site turrets and pillboxes beside actual buildings and not sandbags...is that right?

Message 1 of 7 (955 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pillboxes in Red Alert

Hero
@Murff576 Walls are special in RA in that they can't be used to expand your base. The only thing you can build from walls is more walls.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (938 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Murff576 Walls are special in RA in that they can't be used to expand your base. The only thing you can build from walls is more walls.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 7 (939 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for that Nyerguds. I'm noticing quite a few differences in the gameplay, notably that sandbags are not a barrier any more and also that buildings need to be in a red state of health before you can capture them to use.

Still, tis but a trifle of annoyance on a long road of hopeful enjoyment.

Message 3 of 7 (923 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Murff576 Yea, that's just how Red Alert is... if you want the full overview, it might be worth it to read the whole manual of the original RA:

https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_Red_Alert_manual

Obviously some slight details changed in the Remaster, but overall, most of it still applies.

Message 4 of 7 (916 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Nyerguds Much appreciated, I couldn't find any relevant readme file for RA. Have another XP!
Message 5 of 7 (904 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Murff576 Well, the other manuals are on the wiki too; just look here:
https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Manuals

Do note, the "Help" button on the Remaster's main menu will lead you to a "getting started" guide. It also contains a lot of useful information.

Message 6 of 7 (900 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Nyerguds Ta!
Message 7 of 7 (890 Views)