LAGGY ONLINE GAME PLAY

by skylar313

Original Post

LAGGY ONLINE GAME PLAY

★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Horribly laggy online gameplay. Unit selection took more than 1 sec to comply. You were trashed then on online play.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Player Multiplayer online 8 players map
What happens when the bug occurs? Laggy battlefield control response that diminishes the point of playing an RTS Game. Units only response (Select Team 1, All units accross screen etc) after 1 sec lag
What do you expect to see? Fix this issue. The game experience is more enjoyable with C&C95 red alert online if lagging control issues still persist. Single-player campaign missions are fine.

Fix this issue. The game experience is more enjoyable with C&C95 red alert online if lagging control issues still persist.
Single-player campaign missions are fine. Running on modern Core i5 8th processor.

Message 1 of 9 (2,448 Views)

Re: LAGGY ONLINE GAME PLAY

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too. It makes multiplayer impossible. anything more than a 4 person game makes the game completely unplayable. Lag lasts more than 5 seconds. it is really bad. any suggestions how to fix this?

Message 2 of 9 (2,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is lasting 30+sec for me

multiplayer and single player - if lots of activity/lots of units

And yes, I'm on SSD. Dell XPS Laptop

Message 3 of 9 (2,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Extreme lag and the ability to control tanks and Q during combat dissapears. 

The worst part is that certain people don't seem to be (as affected?) affected by this and are able to control THEIR units.  For example just now in a game, the lag begins and nothing is responding and I go back to my base and see a player has somehow been able to destroy the entirety of my inner base with a tanya.  Seems his inputs were functioning just fine as I watched helplessly him click every single structure being UNABLE TO REACT WHATSOEVER DUE TO THE LAG AND INPUTS DISSAPEARING.

FIX THIS GAME OR I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

Message 4 of 9 (2,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We are now well into September and this doesn't appear to be getting fixed.

Message 5 of 9 (2,001 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@trancemixt hey buddy, did you try a workaround mentioned by Jim during the public beta patch update:https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/hrrh2y/remaster_update_and_july_beta_patch/

If you saw increased framerate stuttering or launch crashing after the June major patch versus the launch version, we have an experiment you can try:

Go to your C&C Remastered Collection page on Steam

Click on the Manage button (gear icon)

Select Properties

On the General tab, select “Set Launch Options…”

In the box, enter “NOSPLASHPRELOAD”

Click OK and launch the game

This will effectively revert the texture optimizations we made in the June Patch, and may help performance / stability with certain hardware configurations (This launch option will also work with the standard live branch as well)
Message 6 of 9 (1,981 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@trancemixt i Also remember that, Jim had told that some more optimization to resolve the lag issue was already in-development. Hopefully, the next Patch has the fix for it.
Message 7 of 9 (1,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, I will try this and hope to see many more great updates to come... if you build it, they will come!

Message 8 of 9 (1,967 Views)

★ Novice
@trancemixt I have raised a new topic for the same issues did you try the resolution above? Did it help you?
Message 9 of 9 (1,743 Views)