Re: Chronoshift Tanya Bug

by SnakeheadMonster

Original Post

Chronoshift Tanya Bug

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug Allows players to Chronoshift infantry units, including Tanya. This creates an unfair advantage for the allies, and I don’t think this was the intent of the game.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the Chronoshift on Tanya (or other infantry) while she’s being attacked by your own units. This only seems to work if you’re attacking her at the same time you use the chronoshift (which is why I think it’s a bug).
What happens when the bug occurs? Allows players to Chronoshift Tanya unit into enemy base, creating a huge advantage for allies.
What do you expect to see? Tanya unit should die if you try to chronoshift her. This is what happens if you’re not attacking the unit at the same time.

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered

Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug allows players to Chronoshift infantry units, including Tanya. This creates an unfair advantage for the allies, and I don’t think this was the intent of the game.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the Chronoshift on Tanya (or other infantry) while she’s being attacked by your own units. This only seems to work if you’re attacking her at the same time you use the chronoshift (which is why I think it’s a bug).
What happens when the bug occurs? Allows players to Chronoshift Tanya unit into enemy base, creating a huge advantage for allies.
What do you expect to see? Tanya unit should die if you try to chronoshift her. This is what happens if you’re not attacking the unit at the same time.

Message 1 of 11 (4,894 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@db0006 its strange, as per my knowledge... chronoshift does not allow infantry units to teleport.

hey buddy, could you record and share, how is it happening?
Message 2 of 11 (4,885 Views)

★ Novice

Hi there, thanks for the reply.  I can definitely take a video and share it.  Do you know which directory the relays are saved to?

Message 3 of 11 (4,875 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@db0006 hey Buddy, i guess, you can search the replays by your player name (i hope, you remember the Map name & Enemy players names). that the only way we can watch the replay.

although the replays are saved in the following location: C:\Users\admin\Documents\CnCRemastered\Replays , unfortunately, we cannot re-watch the replays using external media player.
Message 4 of 11 (4,864 Views)

★ Novice

Search db0006 and watch the game at 2020-09-07 05:42:12 PM

Fast forward to 17:30 and watch my base (red) in the bottom right corner. Then rewind and watch what player green does to get Tanya into my base.

Message 5 of 11 (4,857 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@db0006 hey buddy, thanks for sharing the info.

Yes, that really strange, "how Tanya enter's your base".

its been forwarded to the EA development Team. Standard smile
Message 6 of 11 (4,849 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you!

Message 7 of 11 (4,845 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@db0006 hey buddy, did you encounter the issue again after the new patch 4 release?
i have been playing and trying to reproduce it, but i think, its an isolated incident.

just wanted to know. if you are still facing it? so that i can push it forward again to the Development team.
Message 8 of 11 (4,746 Views)

★ Novice

This isn't a bug. 

If you play the command and conquer red alert original it happens there to. 

The reason for this:

When you shoot a unit they lay down which therfore increases thier armour so if you time a chronosphere we'll enough whilst shooting your unit with a civilian they can be chronosphered. 

It makes sense and is a very good tactic which can be used by all Standard smile 

Message 9 of 11 (4,601 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for explaining why it works, however, I’m still questioning if this was the intent Of the game developers.  It seems like a loop hole / bug.  I guess only the developers would know.   

Message 10 of 11 (4,579 Views)