Campaign history and settings reset

by Weecek

Original Post

Campaign history and settings reset

★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug In Red Alert campaign progress is not saved. Every time I restart the game in choose mission menu there is no progress saved. I can only start from the beginning. Besides that all of the ingame settings are reseted, including hotkeys. It does not happen in Tiberian Dawn.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Finish one mission. Close the game. Open the game. See, if settings and campaign history is there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Evilness.
What do you expect to see? I want the settings/campaign history to be saved.

In Red Alert campaign progress is not saved. Every time I restart the game in choose mission menu there is no progress saved. I can only start from the beginning. Besides that all of the ingame settings are reseted, including hotkeys. It does not happen in Tiberian Dawn.

Message 1 of 11 (2,809 Views)

Re: Campaign history and settings reset

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@WeecekTry disabling Steam cloud sync. This may not be your issue, but it's a first step to try if it's not already disabled. Lately, Steam cloud hasn't been playing nice with more than a few titles. Sync problems have been causing people to lose saves or have saves overwritten. Again I realize this might not be your problem but it's a first step. Disabling Steam cloud won't cause you any problems, it will just remove the ability to have the same saves between different rigs is all. You will still have your normal local saves.

Unless of course you already disabled Steam cloud. Again I don't know if this is your problem, it's just an option you can try. I'd disable it, play a first campaign mission and win it, return to the main menu, quit, then relaunch and see if you can continue with the second mission(s).

EDIT: Someone was having this issue on Origin too, so, who knows. I hope you get this worked out. The campaigns are fun.

Message 2 of 11 (2,784 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the idea. I did what you wrote, but it did not work. Must be something else. Frown

Message 3 of 11 (2,761 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Weecek Aw damn, best of luck then.
Message 4 of 11 (2,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue.

Message 5 of 11 (2,704 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Weecek right there with ya. I'm having to play through the entire campaigns in 1 run to get the acheivements
Message 6 of 11 (2,664 Views)

★★ Novice

I hope this gets fixed soon. This is serious bug!

Message 7 of 11 (2,629 Views)

★★ Novice

Since today it is fixed. Nothing was done from my side. Unsure how to make it work properly. Check your game, guys.

Message 8 of 11 (2,594 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get the same problem, but the other way around and Tiberian Dawn doesn't save ANY settings. It also plays the 'install' video every time too. I played Red Alert first so I assume that's part of the issue?

Message 9 of 11 (2,486 Views)

★ Novice

I was struggling with the same issue for a while. After a power failure/black screen on my computer while booting TD, all settings and progress in TD were reset. And everytime I quit, progress wouldn't be saved. Settings, campaign progress et.c. are all stored in files called "Player_TD_settings_1" and "Player_RA_settings 1". In my case the settings file for TD stopped updating after playing. It'd also keep synchronizing with a seemingly corrupt file from the steam cloud. Another problem I believe is that the cloud storage quickly fills up with a lot of save games (both RA and TD savegames are stored together), which seems to create trouble with updating the setting files that are also backed up in the cloud. What I ended up doing was deleting every file in the cloud, and that finally made TD work again.

There are a few ways of doing this. One was is to delete every save file ingame. You may of course manually make a backup if you wish to keep some of them (you can re-add them later). I, however, only got results follow the instructions on this website.Most of my save files wouldn't appear in-game, so deleting them from there wasn't an option.

I also made sure to backup "Player_RA_settings 1"-file to preserve the progress I had made in RA. Then I moved it back into the userdata directory once I had fixed the overfilled steam cloud.

Message 10 of 11 (2,454 Views)