C&C Remastered auto save feature

by omgMajk

Original Post

C&C Remastered auto save feature

★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug When you exit the campaign from the "map screen" it says that the game saves but it doesn't add a save file. You can't load back into the campaign again.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add an auto save feature.
What happens when the bug occurs? No save file is being created so you can't continue the campaign directly, just as "mission select"
What do you expect to see? An added save file.

When you exit the campaign from the "map screen" it tells me it saves but it just lets me pick a mission, instead of continuing the campaign from exactly where I left off. Maybe I should have posted this in another forum, now that I think about it.

Message 1 of 11 (2,796 Views)

Re: C&C Remastered auto save feature

★★★★★ Newbie

The next missions of the campaign are added to the bottom of the mission selection list. You don't get to click on the map to pick the next mission, but you can find the same next missions in the list instead.

Message 2 of 11 (2,763 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When i am in the middle of a mission and pause the game to save, click save. it opens the save game, but the save button is grayed out.

Message 3 of 11 (2,675 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found the same. Said it was saved then couldn’t find it anywhere lost 4 missions 

Message 4 of 11 (2,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@omgMajk 

@Jukaka SWFC 

As @Aedun said, the mission progress is not saved in savegames. It is unlocked in the "Mission Select" menu.

@dcross3057 

That's unrelated to this, but... you just need to give a description for the savegame.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 5 of 11 (2,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Nyerguds @Aedun 

I have stated this ("but it just lets me pick a mission") in my original post, but that's not a save file. It's misleading at best. 

Message 6 of 11 (2,559 Views)

★ Apprentice

It would be nice to have a feature that creates an autosave file every X minutes ( and this number could be a user value between 15 and 60 minutes for example )

At least we would have a save file of our progress.

Also it would be nice to add a way to overwrite an existing save. It's annoying to set a name every time...

I don't know if there is a fast save option ? That would be nice too!

Message 7 of 11 (2,523 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BlackLord049 There is a quicksave button that creates new save file each time. I remapped it to num+ so it's always within reach
Message 8 of 11 (2,497 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just had the exact same problem.

Is this the correct behaviour?

Message 9 of 11 (2,198 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@tip2tail hey buddy as mentioned above by player "aedun", the game does not create any save file, but The next missions of the campaign are added to the bottom of the mission selection list.

if you exit from mission selection screen (Map Screen), you get those mission unlocked in "mission Selection" list.

that is the intended behavior.
Message 10 of 11 (2,167 Views)