burnout paradise game servers not being entered

by 31018279652

Original Post

Accepted Solution

burnout paradise game servers not being entered

★★★ Apprentice

hello first I bought burnout paradise from the origin. But when I tried to enter the game servers the burnout paradise server is not available at this time.gives the error i've done a few things i still can not find a solution please help me.

Message 1 of 91 (6,371 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: burnout paradise game servers not being entered

★★★★ Guide

What can and can't you get into? I was looking around and found this link https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/ , we may have covered everything there but look at it anyway just to be sure.

View in thread

Message 78 of 91 (7,048 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Did you install the patch? You need it to get online, follow this thread to get it. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout/How-to-update-Burnout-Paradise/m-p/5238180#M1724 Sometimes the servers do go down but not often and not for long.

Message 2 of 91 (6,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@jrrdw wrote:

Did you install the patch? You need it to get online, follow this thread to get it. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout/How-to-update-Burnout-Paradise/m-p/5238180#M1724 Sometimes the servers do go down but not often and not for long.

Message 3 of 91 (6,305 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What is the exact error message you get when you try to play the game?

Message 4 of 91 (6,292 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That's what he says when he registers in the game.

Message 5 of 91 (6,286 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yes, I myself have gotten that message before and every time I went back later and had no problem.

Are you using a router? Ethernet or wifi? 

The security encryption can cause issues from time to time, try with a Ethernet cable hooked directly to the modem and see if that helps. I logged into the server just a few minutes before posting this and had no problem so I think it's safe to say the servers are working as they should. 

Message 6 of 91 (6,281 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So what do I have to do now I use wifi wireless? 

Message 7 of 91 (6,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Try with a Ethernet cable hooked directly to the modem and see if that helps. I'm guessing you have high speed internet service? Check with your routers manual for the port numbers. "If playing behind a firewall you must open the following ports, 1000 (peer to peer connection), 9603 and 9630 (VOIP)." according to the game docs.

Even though I've gotten that message before I don't know if it's the game showing a single page for any connection issue or if the connection reached the server and then the server shows the page from it's side of the connection. So you got to go after things one by one until you get it. 

Message 8 of 91 (6,258 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

my friend would like to thank you for helping me but my answer is a bit complicated to me. I do not know if I will start from scratch, so if you have a firewall, you should open the following ports, 1000 (peer to peer connection), 9603 and 9630 by the cable? 

Message 9 of 91 (6,248 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yes, .but make sure of this first If your friend is using Windows operating system. UAC must be turned on so you get the prompt to allow the app to make changes to your computer. I'm guessing those changes are the game opening the necessary ports to play the game. Then when you stop playing and close the game (app) the ports close again automatically. That helps protect against intrusion attempts,

Windows firewall and UAC work hand in hand and it is always better to allow the apps you're using to control the ports they need to work. As technology advances there will probably be less of a need to configure connections manually, it's pretty much that way now. 

Message 10 of 91 (6,242 Views)