Windows 10 2021 burnout paradise remaster crash (steam/origin)

by cheatman228

Original Post

Windows 10 2021 burnout paradise remaster crash (steam/origin)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I know this has been "Solved" multiple times but none have worked for me. Here is some information to discourage repeated "Solutions".

• I have attempted installing the vc and dx provided with the game (my system has newer version due to other games)
  • I have no virtual cameras nor do i have obs installed
  • i do not have "Allavsoft Video Downloader Converter", "Biggerasoft" or "DXtory"
  • My Windows User Account has no special characters
  • the windows patch that an admin mentioned doesnt apply as that was for windows 7
  • in windows camera privacy settings i have disabled camera access to everything

what does work in allowing me to get past the connecting to burnout servers screen is setting origin to offline mode which is not what is wanted as this was bought so myself and my roommate could play together

here is what i want to know. 
    An actual solution for windows 10 with information that works for 2021
    or
    EA to fix the game so that the average user doesn't have to do a run around to fix the game (probs wont happen but EA prove me wrong)

(CM: Edited to remove some formatting issues to improve readability)

Message 1 of 13 (7,525 Views)

Re: Windows 10 2021 burnout paradise remaster crash (steam/origin)

Community Manager

@cheatman228 

Try checking/repairing the game files as follows: 

Origin: Right click the game and then choose Repair

Steam: Verify game files: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 13 (7,490 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry it did need to validate a few files but it still crashes in the same place, when it connects to the server
Message 3 of 13 (7,477 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You using a WIFI modem connection? Also check your antivirus quarantine for anything related to the game / game servers and conflicts with router port numbers can cause connection issues. 

Message 4 of 13 (7,435 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jrrdw the game had no flags in my antivirius, had full access through the firewall and nothing using the same ports as the game, now for the wifi connection no myself and my roommate who is having the same problems are using a wired connection with no restrictions through the router

Message 5 of 13 (7,428 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just remembered about this

"Check your ORIGIN friends list. DELETE ANYONE WITH A BIG/LONG NAME. I had one person with a name like "s0s0s0s0s0s00s0s0" deleted him, presto, got in first try. It seems when profiles get deleted/banned, they turn into a massive hexadecimal string that causes the game to crash when connecting to servers." from this thread, if you haven't seen it yet.

Message 6 of 13 (7,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jrrdwdidnt have anyone with a unreasonable length but i had seen that message before

Message 7 of 13 (7,372 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I would kick out any not recognized just to be certain. You're using Cat5 ether net cable correct? Hardware does all the cross over now so cross over cabling will slow things down and can cause communication problems..

Message 8 of 13 (7,359 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jrrdw cat5 yes, my pc is using open that is about 4 foot and my roommate has one longer but has no issues with latency or speed, which i have more than enough internet speed to handle it. and with the friends all of ones i directly know
Message 9 of 13 (7,357 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Are your passwords the same for EA.com and Origin and Burnout? If not try it. Do you have any earlier versions of Burnout still installed? If so, try uninstalling them.

Message 10 of 13 (7,335 Views)