Problem with the language in Burnout Revenge on Xbox one !!!!

by woeterman94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with the language in Burnout Revenge on Xbox one !!!!

★ Novice

So I purchased Burnout Revenge for Xbox one today (it's backwards compatible) and i was SHOCKED to see that this game is only available in french in my region ??

Okay I must say I live in Belgium and we speak Dutch, German and French in this country... But honestly no option to change the game language to anything else? English perhaps?

I remember that this was possible on the Playstation two version of this game, there was a menu with flags when the game started to change the language of the game. 

Can anyone help me with this? Please developers can you add an option to switch the game language to English? 

Message 1 of 5 (3,510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with the language in Burnout Revenge on Xbox one !!!!

★★ Novice

I think there is a problem with EU releases because in France we don't have the FR language, only English, Spanish, German, Norvegian.

So a tip for you, you can delete the game then change the region of your console to FR, download it again from your console and you will have the language choice (maybe you have to delete your save) you can switch again to BE region after your download. You can also switch to US region to download the game but you will only have English language.

Me I switched to Belgium region and re-downloaded the game so now I have the French language, so thanks for your message because it solved the FR release issue.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,631 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I think there is a problem with EU releases because in France we don't have the FR language, only English, Spanish, German, Norvegian.

So a tip for you, you can delete the game then change the region of your console to FR, download it again from your console and you will have the language choice (maybe you have to delete your save) you can switch again to BE region after your download. You can also switch to US region to download the game but you will only have English language.

Me I switched to Belgium region and re-downloaded the game so now I have the French language, so thanks for your message because it solved the FR release issue.

Message 2 of 5 (3,632 Views)

★ Novice
Yes, that's exactly what I did and it worked. I forgot to come back and post the answer, but indeed: Just change your region and download it. (You don't have to delete your save game as they are two separate games)
Message 3 of 5 (3,408 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

I'm having the same problem but I can't seem to fix it with the region settings. I tried France, US, the Netherlands, belgium setting my language to Dutch and ENG as well, but it still downloads the French version. I want it in English.

I do notice though that even though my console is set in English, some things on the dashboard are still dutch (using a 360 btw).

Any idea how to get the game in English anyone?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 5 (3,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I don't know for the 360 Version, here we talking about the Xbox One Version.

But I remember on 360 it's tied to the store you bought the game so you can't change the version you download even if you change the console setting. Don't know how to fix the issue on 360 sorry.

Message 5 of 5 (3,160 Views)