(PC) Game crash when trying to navigate menus

by Aldis0503

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(PC) Game crash when trying to navigate menus

★★★ Newbie

So i got BPR but my pc is a bit too weak to play at max settings but when i try to change it it crashes. I go into game, select a car and enter the world, I press Esc [Start on x360 controller] and then try to press F1 or F2 [RB or LB] and then the game crashes. I know my pc is old but i believe it's slightly above min spec.

PC Specs:

I3-3240 @ 3.40 GHz

4GB Ram

MSI GT610

Win 10 Home

Message 1 of 3 (374 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: (PC) Game crash when trying to navigate menus

★★★ Newbie

Hi Barry,

I believe i do have just enough ram, however my GPU is the problem here.

Now the solution i found: Launch the game but instead of entering paradise city go to big surf island, this loads a smaller part of the map (BSI vs Paradise) and a different menu, now pause the game press F2 2 times, The game might crash a few times, keep trying and eventually it will go to the settings page, from here, change everything to low/off, save the settings.(the game might crash again, but the settings will be saved, relaunch the game if this happens).

This was the method that worked for me, now the game runs @40fps/Low @25fps/Medium 11fps/High

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (358 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Aldis0503

Your RAM and GPU are a bit below min spec. but maybe a clean boot will free up enough resources so the game does not crash: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Barry,

I believe i do have just enough ram, however my GPU is the problem here.

Now the solution i found: Launch the game but instead of entering paradise city go to big surf island, this loads a smaller part of the map (BSI vs Paradise) and a different menu, now pause the game press F2 2 times, The game might crash a few times, keep trying and eventually it will go to the settings page, from here, change everything to low/off, save the settings.(the game might crash again, but the settings will be saved, relaunch the game if this happens).

This was the method that worked for me, now the game runs @40fps/Low @25fps/Medium 11fps/High

Message 3 of 3 (359 Views)