Re: [PC] Burnout Paradise Remastered crashing in menu

by migi1984

Original Post

[PC] Burnout Paradise Remastered crashing in menu

★★★★★ Newbie

Finally I manged Burnout Paradise Remastered to be loaded and I even can explore Paradise City - yay! At least most of the time as the game sometimes already crashes as soon the car is dropped to the tarmac after selecting it in the menu.

But as soon as I try to access the stats/option menu by clicking Esc whilst being in game, the game crashes to Desktop. Sometimes the stats menu screen shows up but when I press F1/F2 (doesn´t matter if it´s done by keyboard or by clicking on it) the game crashes again.

Also, why isn´t there a Launcher like it existed in Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box wher it was possible to set some options before starting the game, like screen resolution and graphic details.

Message 1 of 4 (4,831 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Got it. If the screen resolution in the config.ini is set to 720p, everything works absolutely fine, I can even change all the settings to max in the game without a single issue.

Beside this I had to remove Dazzle which sems to been responsible for the launch screen to crash.

However, this means the settings have to be changed everytime the game is launched, hence a patch for this problem would be nice though.

Message 2 of 4 (4,811 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello migi1984, I have de same issue; I tryed modifying the resolution to 720p from the NVIDIA control panel, but the problem continues. Could you please explain a little more about the config.ini  modification and the "Dazzle" removal?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (3,644 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

[Solved] So finally I was able to run the game without problems, using a switch pro controller, windows 10:

• Disable the camera: 
    • The first time I ran the game it was able to run without problems, and even take a photo with the integrated webcam from my laptop. But days later when i wanted to play again, the game continued to crash whenever I wanted to display the option menu or when I finished a career.
    • Disable webcam from webcam privacy settings (configuracion de privacidad de camara), just by disabling the camera access (I change this everytime i want to play this game in order for the camera to be available for other applications
  • From the path C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise Remastered, I changed the configuration of the file config.ini  to  
    • Width=1280
    • Height=720
  • I didn't need to play the game offline, but some users reported that this was the option for them
  • Also added this game to the 3D configuration from the NVIDIA control panel as described in this video:
Sources: 

Message 4 of 4 (3,626 Views)