Re: Importing orginal Save files ??

by DKOrange

Original Post

Betreff: Burnout Paradise Remastered Savegame import ?

★★★★ Guide

@BestNoob

Even if the game seems to be identical, it is altered in different way in the process to make it a remastered version. So I don't think it is absolutely identically and therefore you can't just copy the profile/savegames files. Just think of game settings, the remastered version has some other graphic options than the usual one, this alone can make a prfile unloadable if the game is not programmed to undestand why some information is missing that should be there or even a value is found that does not make for this version any sense.

I agree, if that game would bring an import tool with it that would be absolutely nice customer support from the devs.

But maybe it is also nice to experience the game from the very beginning again than using old stats?

@-TRR-De-M-oN

This is so absolutely true. So many people have problems with the game crashing and there is yet a fix to come out for it. I wish you much patience Standard smile

Message 11 of 17 (2,522 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
They work on a fix? Did I understand you right? That gives hope then ....
Message 12 of 17 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@-TRR-De-M-oN

Sorry, there is no confirmation about an actual patch/fix they work on for that issue. English is not my nativ language. The developers are pretty much aware of the bug that keeps players from starting the game, so it is likely that they try to find a solution - I am sure about that - but that is not an official answer as I don't work for EA.

But sometimes bugs can also be so difficult to come by that they maybe never find a solution, especially if there are very less hints of why it is crashing. The best bugs are those you get direct error messages or logfiles with details that gives you a hint in which direction you have to analyse the problem.

Message 13 of 17 (2,506 Views)

★★ Guide

Thats typically EA give them ur money u wont get anything thats worth xD

Is there a Savegame Editor ? It must be doable to edit the NEW files and add the old process from the savegames.

Message 14 of 17 (2,419 Views)

Re: Importing orginal Save files ??

★ Novice

Seriously, this needs to be a feature. I didn't buy this game expecting to replay the entirety of it. 

EA, please let us import/convert the old save files.

Message 15 of 17 (1,911 Views)

Re: Can i use my old Burnout save in remastered ...

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok so I managed to insert the Hex data in the save file of Burnout Paradise Remasteded from my The Ultimate Box Saves.

The process is not that complex and it actually gave me all my cars, painting jobs, Billboards and Smash Gates.

So the thing is, the Remastered Save File is "Profile.BurnoutParadiseSave"

The same file than the original under the AppData\Local\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise Remastered\Save directory. So both files with the same names have different sizes. The original is 373 KB and the Remastered is 629 KB so yeah, they are different from the start. BUT, here comes the HEX magic.

So get any normal Hex editor and open both files (I used HxD).

The original file ends in 5D240 HEX lines

The Remastered ends in 9D240 HEX lines, so yeah, the reason why it's almost double the size.

Both lines ends after 6 bytes, unlike the rest of them with 16 bytes.

Now, from a really simple analysis, the Remastered has the same lines as the original, and has extra lines added after the original ones.

So the direct solution is to copy the lines from the original and replace those in the Remastered, in this case replacing the first 5D240 lines of the Remastered with the original ones, and leaving the rest untouched.

And Boom, data back into the Remastered!

Message 16 of 17 (1,622 Views)

Re: Can i use my old Burnout save in remastered ...

★★★ Apprentice
@TheJoigoMan was about to reply that maybe with hex editor its possible... guess i dont have to.
Message 17 of 17 (1,268 Views)