Re: How can I disable webcam in burnout

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I disable webcam in burnout

★★★★ Novice

I have the origin version of Burnout Paradise and I've looked everywhere in the options to disable the use of the webcam by the game. When I'm streaming using the webcam the game takes control and fks up my stream. 

This is just a stupid feature in this game and having no option to disable it even more stupid.

Message 1 of 15 (13,777 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

i know  it's very late but go to burnout paradise files and launch burnoutconfigtool.exe. there is a option to disable webcam. if you dont have this file i dont know how to fix it (because i have box version)

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (13,534 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@TheKrimzonKing

You can turn off your webcam in-game via the game options. Press Esc, F2(x2), Game Options, Webcam - OFF

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 15 (13,738 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Um I'm pretty sure you didn't read in my post where I said I had the Origin version. Meaning the pc version on Origin. Now I might be blind also as not one of the menu screens has this option. Not one. Even under "Game Options" as you stated does not have this option. I even took screen shots to show you. It seems to me that Origin has been nothing but headaches since I wasted the money on it. When renewal time comes up im not renewing. From buggy games to * poor ports Origin is a waste of money.

Message 3 of 15 (13,730 Views)

Community Manager

@TheKrimzonKing

Of course I read your post. This is from Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, here is what I see...

BP options.png

barry.png
Message 4 of 15 (13,717 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well idk then cuz as you can see from my screenshot i included in previous reply that the cam off option is not available on the Origin PC edition. And it really needs to be added.

Message 5 of 15 (13,711 Views)

Community Manager

@TheKrimzonKing

It does appear we have slightly different versions of the game.

It may be worthwhile contacting an Advisor to see if they can re-add the different version to your account.

Click the following link to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For help with contacting an Advisor, please see this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 15 (13,694 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i know  it's very late but go to burnout paradise files and launch burnoutconfigtool.exe. there is a option to disable webcam. if you dont have this file i dont know how to fix it (because i have box version)

Message 7 of 15 (13,535 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not seeing why I have to put in a ticket to have EA make changes to a game they should've gotten right the first time. Especially when you work for EA. You can submit whatever, i thought these forums were to get help not to be directed to somewhere else to get help.

Message 8 of 15 (12,612 Views)

[PC - Remastered] How do I disable webcam use? + use multiple controllers?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Unlike the ultimate box version, I can't seem to disable the webcam on this version. Is there an option I missed? If not, I'd really like if it were brought back. I can't even select a different webcam because the one the game chooses, makes the game crash often when it tries to use it.

It also seems like the game only allows a single keyboard binding and a single controller binding per function. I use Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers interchangeably so this it's quite the bother to have to rebind all the buttons/axes when I swap controllers. Note that I'm not willing to use Joy2Key or any other controller to keyboard binding solution because I would lose out on analogue controls. If I recall correctly, the ultimate box version (which I played through Steam) worked with Steam input, so either controller would show up as a single Xbox 360 controller. Regardless, this remastered edition however does not seem to tolerate Steam Input or even x360ce, Xinput Plus, etc so I can't fix it myself. If the devs allowed the game to use multiple controllers at the same time, that would fix the issue. Manually editing the controls.ini did not work either.

I'd appreciate help with these issues as the game is only semi-playable for me as of now.

Message 9 of 15 (11,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Whenever i try to go to the options clicking F1x2 or F2x2 times , the game crashes. I'm not even able to get to the webcam option to disable it. If i try not to disable it and start playing, in less than 5mins, game crashes. WTF is this?

Message 10 of 15 (11,090 Views)