Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered crashing PS4 Pro

by ste1966

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game keeps crashing and corrupted save. Ps4

★★ Novice
Please fix bugs. I have had at least 5 blue screen errors. The last was just after receiving my class a licence and now my save is corrupt. After reading other forums it seems to be an issue.
Message 1 of 27 (18,521 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game keeps crashing and corrupted save. Ps4

★★★ Novice

I've had the same crashing issues when I did multiple consecutive showtimes. My theory is that the game had to handle loading and rendering all the cars on the road, AND download all the online showtime road rules as well.

One work around I found was to do an event after every showtime. Regardless of whether I won, lost, or cancelled it, I could do another showtime, and it was okay. I don't know if this was the case for others, since I did the road rules whilst going for the elite license.

View in thread

Message 12 of 27 (21,408 Views)

All Replies

Merely having the game installed on my PS4 is causing system-wide issues.

★★ Guide

I had to completely remove the game from my HDD. At first the game crashed a bit here and there but I was willing to live with it. Then, out of nowhere, all of my other games started crashing. Rocket League has never crashed once for me in the nearly 3 years that I've had it and it crashed 3 times in the span of an hour the day after I installed Burnout. After having that happen, Rainbow 6 Siege crash, and other general instability issues I decided to remove the one major change to my system: Burnout Paradise Remastered. Since removing that game from my hard drive I have had no issues with any of my other games and things are back to normal.

That's all well and good, but I'm out $40 for a game that I can't play, let alone even keep installed on my system because of what it does to the PS4. I'm willing to wait for EA to patch the game or Sony to update the firmware for more stability, but if I don't hear about either of those soon I'm going to be pursuing a refund. Shame really, Burnout was always one of my favorite games but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Message 2 of 27 (18,408 Views)

Re: Game keeps crashing and corrupted save. Ps4

★★ Guide

I've had crashes but no save corruption yet. That said, the game made my entire system unstable and other games began randomly crashing after installing Paradise. I uninstalled it the other day and have had no issues with my other games since. I don't know what they did with this game, but for it to screw up most of the rest of my game library is insane. 

Message 3 of 27 (18,415 Views)

Burnout Paradise Remastered crashing PS4 Pro

★★★ Newbie
@CriterionGames @EA @EAHelp Burnout Paradise in my PS4 Pro, digital copy, keeps crashing. Mainly during showtime events. Twice today and once yesterday. Also crashed once in my regular PS 4 as well. But more on the pro.
Message 4 of 27 (18,423 Views)

Burnout paradise ps4 pro

★★★ Novice
My game has crashed at least 4 times wrong stats and music cuts in and out
Message 5 of 27 (18,376 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Digital copy keeps crashing, offline during events Frown please patch
Message 6 of 27 (18,384 Views)

Community Manager

@marz585b@Duffone69@ste1966@HedesIC@Natetendo83

To help us investigate this issue for you guys, can you please reply below with your responses to the following, thanks.

• What car(s) you were using
  • PS4 model, standard or pro
  • What resolution were you using at the time 1080, 4K?
  • Are you using the disc or the download version of the game?
  • What version of the game are you using, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 or 1.0.4?
  • Do you have any other corrupted saves on your machine (i.e. from other games)?
  • What race you were in before the one in which the corruption happened
  • If in online, how many players were in the race with you?
  • The exact screen in which the crash happened if you were in a transition or menu screen

Thank you.

barry.png
Message 7 of 27 (18,304 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Does it with all cars and I am on the PS4 pro and game firmware is 1.02
Message 8 of 27 (18,301 Views)

★★★ Novice
And it is on disc
Message 9 of 27 (18,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What car(s) you were using- happened with all cars I've used.

PS4 model, standard or pro- happened more on my pro than my regular model. 5 vs 2

What resolution were you using at the time 1080, 4K- 4K no HDR with my pro, 1080P on my regular

Are you using the disc or the download version of the game- I have digital on both pro and regular.

What version of the game are you using, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 or 1.0.4- whatever the latest update is on the east coast.

Do you have any other corrupted saves on your machine (i.e. from other games)- not that I know of. The last game I played was the division. No problems with that.

What race you were in before the one in which the corruption happened- this mainly happens with the showtime crashes.

If in online, how many players were in the race with you- I was not in an online mode at any time these crashes happened.

The exact screen in which the crash happened if you were in a transition or menu screen- I was never in a transition screen or a menu. Always during the showtime crash sequence.

Seems like a problem trying to keep adding cars and buses and things like that when the showtime sequence is activated. I always report those issues to Sony when they happen.
Message 10 of 27 (18,289 Views)