Features Stripped Out Of Original PS3/PC/360 Versions?

by ChiroVette

Original Post

Features Stripped Out Of Original PS3/PC/360 Versions?

★★★ Novice

Okay, the more I play this Remastered game, the less impressed with it I am. We all knew that Criterion didn't add a single thing to the game to release on the PS4/XBone, and we accept that. But I seem to be discovering things that were left out.

They left out the Paradise Awards from the cars. If anyone remembers, you press the Square button from the pause menu and there are a bunch of awards for things like 100% parallel Parking, x40 Multiplier for Stunt Runs, etc.. What is strange is that they forgot to remove the feature from the bikes. lol Who cares, right? Now I can kind of, sort of, accept this, but they also seemed to have removed a lot of Online/Freeburn menu options. Now when you pause the game while in a Freeburn room, I am pretty sure that the options available are somewhat stripped down.

But the real let down for me is something I only discovered when the issue of not being to host my own room somehow spontaneously resolved itself (that's the good news). The bad news is now I realized that if a person doesn't have a headset they can't hear any chatting! This is freaking ridiculous! on the PS3 and PC versions you needed a headset to talk, BUT if someone doesn't have a headset, then they could at least hear the chat through their TV's. But in this version, that no longer works.

This is making hosing Freeburn rooms a real nightmare! I always like to try and do what everyone in the room wants, whether challenges, Stunt Runs, Races, a variety, or whatever. Also, as the host, sometimes I need to be able to TALK to people even if they can't talk back. Like if someone is lost or may be new and doesn't know that a challenge is up or how to do it, or where to go.

This lack of ability to at least talk to people just because they don't have headsets is becoming problematic. It is forcing me to kick people and half the time they don't even know why and send me angry or frustrated messages. Where if I could at least talk to the, get their attention while hosting, it would cut down on the constant sense of disconnection and miscommunication I am having while hosting.

I know the argument could be that headsets are cheap, and if most people had them, fine. But my experience today in Paradise, ALL DAY, has been that usually only myself and one or two more people have headsets. So the communication is very limited and limiting. It used to be much better, and I am starting to think that maybe "4K" just isn't worth buying this game again.

lol Sorry for the rant. But this is really disappointing!

Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

Re: Features Stripped Out Of Original PS3/PC/360 Versions?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

First off. Criterion did not make this version of the remaster. It's done by Stellar Entertainment. That oddly enough is located more or less right next to Criterion. And the founder of the studio worked on past NFS and Burnout titles it seems. And they did a stellar job. Even if they did not bring 100% of the game over. 

And on Xbox One I hear chat if I don't have a mic or headset on. I did not own the PS3 version, but I have the PC and 360 version. Sure it worked there to. But that's due to the console settings, not the game. Even 360 had a setting to enable or disable chat via the TV if your mic headset was not plugged in. Or you could get it out of both. Still works like that on Xbox One X anyway.

Message 2 of 3 (379 Views)

Re: Features Stripped Out Of Original PS3/PC/360 Versions?

★★★ Novice

@Balc0rawrote:

And they did a stellar job.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. They did a less than Stellar job, added nothing new to a ten year old game even at the $40 USD launch price, and even managed to leave some features out of the original. But if you are satisfied then that is entirely up to you.

As for the chat settings, I will look into that. Maybe there is something in the PS4's XMB or the game's menu settings that allows chat to come through the TV if a player has no mic.

Message 3 of 3 (375 Views)