Re: Cannot get 75% off discount for owners of original game (PC - Origin)

by joshm60

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot get 75% off discount for owners of original game (PC - Origin)

★★ Novice

I'm an Origin Access Premier member who previously preordered Burnout Paradise Remastered, but refunded it after finding out about this discount so I could buy it with the discount. However, I've never been able to get this discount. I tried the methods suggested in this thread and in this Reddit thread to no avail. I tried contacting EA's help, and they suggested the following method:

Click on Origin Access from Origin.com (it's on the left of the screen).
Select the Burnout Paradise Remastered (trial) Learn More button.
Select Get Game.
Under Not Interested in Upgrading today?, select pre-order - $17.99.
Fill in the billing details and Proceed to Review Order.

It didn't work, even though the EA representative claimed that they tested it and know that it works. Moreover, I can't even follow those steps because I don't see what is described in these steps. I explained this in the following reply:

When I click on "Origin Access", the page it takes me to does not have a "Burnout Paradise Remastered (trial) Learn More button." Instead, it has a button for Burnout Paradise Remastered, without any mention of any trial (screen shot from this page attached). If I click on that, there no "Get Game", "Not Interested in Upgrading today?", or "pre-order - $17.99" buttons. Instead, there's an "Add to library" button, and if I click to the right of that button to expand the list, I see a "Buy Now - $17.99" button. If I click on it and enter in my payment details, it still shows the cost as being $17.99, not $4.5.

I attached screen snippets of this to this thread (but was limited to uploading 3 files; clicking Purchase anyways on the screen showed at step 3 brought me to the review order page showing the game for $17.99).

Eventually, an EA representative directed me here. So, does anyone have any advise?

Note: The first person I talked to from EA (who refunded the purchase) said that I would receive an email with a 75% off code. That never happened, but it seems to me like it would be an easy solution.

Message 1 of 5 (1,116 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I was eventually able to get the 75% off discount (but not the 10% off discount)... when my Origin Access Premier membership expired. Hours before my membership expired, I couldn't get the 75% off, but immediately after I was no longer a member, I could.

In other words, I was getting screwed over with inferior service because I was an Origin Access Premier member, which is what I suspected. I've learned my lesson: Don't subscribe to a subscription service by EA. You'll be punished for it.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (919 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I also had this issue when going to buy the game that it won't give me the discount, it only gave it to me when I went to " MY HOME" in origin and scrolled down to features and deals and added burnout to my cart from there, it applied the discount automatically.

This even worked gave the discount to my friend who doesn't own the original.
Message 2 of 5 (1,095 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried that too, and it didn't work.
Message 3 of 5 (1,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had this problem a few days ago and contacted EA support, the guy ran me through that login verification setup and it started working after that, not sure if it was a fluke or what but its worth trying

I had trouble finding it at first lol its through this link
https://help.ea.com/en/

then sign in and go to manage your account > account security and you should see it

Edit: just saw you linked the same reddit thread i commented on, have you tried this?

Message 4 of 5 (1,032 Views)

★★ Novice

I was eventually able to get the 75% off discount (but not the 10% off discount)... when my Origin Access Premier membership expired. Hours before my membership expired, I couldn't get the 75% off, but immediately after I was no longer a member, I could.

In other words, I was getting screwed over with inferior service because I was an Origin Access Premier member, which is what I suspected. I've learned my lesson: Don't subscribe to a subscription service by EA. You'll be punished for it.

Message 5 of 5 (920 Views)