Re: Burnout paradise remastered servers issues with new users?

by jrrdw

Original Post

Burnout paradise remastered servers issues with new users?

★★★ Newbie

Just wondering if anyone that recently purchased Burnout Paradise Remastered (Xbox Edition in this case) has had issues with connecting to the servers.  Our login works, however, we purchased the game for another friend and they can run the game and have connected to other Xbox Live games but after launching the Burnout Paradise Remastered, it says that the servers can not be reached.

We installed this version over a year ago so its been working fine and my kids just recently wanted to start playing again with their friends...but online play is hampered by their friend not being able to connect to the servers.  I realize that the original servers are no longer online but the Remastered version should still work fully from what I have seen in my searches.

I can't think of why just this one game isn't working (other games this user plays work online with no issues) unless perhaps new installs are not connecting or perhaps it has something to do with the EA login or something related?

Message 1 of 4 (535 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Could be the modems gaming port numbers, they aren't all the same. Have you upgraded / changed services or equipment since the last time it worked as intended? 

Message 2 of 4 (501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope, no changes, and this appears to be the only game with a problem connecting to the servers.  Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, and several others have no issues what so ever.  Its only this new install of this 'older' game that has the issue.  I'm still wondering if it has something to do with an EA.com login or some other authentication that has to occur that isn't getting prompted perhaps?  I read that something like that may be an issue but the game isn't even prompting for anything -- it just fails to find the servers when you first launch the game.  I'll try to get a screen shot / pic from my friends machine -- not being able to see the machine directly may be impacting my ability to troubleshoot properly but it is a bit odd that they have no issues other than with this one game in connecting.

Message 3 of 4 (490 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Considering I'm not a console user, I have one more thing that can be tried, put the game in and go through the paces and after it fails go to the IP Settings and refresh the IP address. I've heard about this working for other games. Plenty of YouTube video's on how to refresh the IP addresses. 

Message 4 of 4 (459 Views)