Burnout paradise remastered keeps crashing and runs at very low FPS

by quachminh107

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout paradise remastered keeps crashing and runs at very low FPS

★★★ Newbie

The game keeps crashing at launch on my Asus GA502 (AMD 4800HS, RAM 16GB, GTX1660 MQ), and when it launches successfully, the game only runs at ~20fps doesn't matter if the settings are all set to high or low. What can I do to fix these issues?  

Message 1 of 4 (739 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Burnout paradise remastered keeps crashing and runs at very low FPS

★★ Guide
@quachminh107 I have samekind of crashing problems, I just bought new remastered version from Steam. Game is pretty much buggy mess, it doesn't allow non-alphabetical characters in your Windows username and you can't have anykind of webcam or screencapture software on, read here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout-Games/Burnout-Paradise-Remastered-PC-Crashing-on-initial-loading/t...

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (681 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Crashes on my PC as well despite getting silky smooth 60fps+. It is related to the integrated webcame on my Alienware Area-51m. If I disable the webcam, the game plays fine. If I enable the webcam, unfortunately the game crashes whenever going into the game menus or after completing a race... when the game attempts to access the webcam. There is no known workaround for this issue other than disabling the webcam... which is not acceptable, especially in an age when people are using webcams every day! 

EA, please supply an in-game fix for this issue!

Message 2 of 4 (710 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Xenopotamus Yeah I saw that issue that others (and you) have; unfortunately, my laptop isn’t even equipped with a webcam so I think mine is caused by another issue.
Message 3 of 4 (698 Views)

★★ Guide
@quachminh107 I have samekind of crashing problems, I just bought new remastered version from Steam. Game is pretty much buggy mess, it doesn't allow non-alphabetical characters in your Windows username and you can't have anykind of webcam or screencapture software on, read here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout-Games/Burnout-Paradise-Remastered-PC-Crashing-on-initial-loading/t...
Message 4 of 4 (682 Views)