Re: Burnout paradise remastered controller options

by jrrdw

Original Post

Burnout paradise remastered controller options

★★ Newbie

Hi, I'mconsidering buying Burnout paradise remastered but need to know first whether I will be able to use r3 and r4 sticks on joypad to control direction and accelerator/brake as this is by far my preferred control method

Thanks

Greg mead

Message 1 of 7 (9,994 Views)

★★ Novice

There are NO Controller options at all in this game...at least for ps4. So, no options for remapping the button/stick settings, and No settings for sensitivity.  Also...NO wheel support.

Message 2 of 7 (9,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is old but, does ps4 burnout not have controller customization? in PC and 360 and Xbox one all have fully controller configuration keys and sensitivity. idk why ps4 wouldnt,

Message 3 of 7 (8,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

you are able to use a PS4 controller to play the PC version(if that's what you meant), however you will need a program called DS4Windows and reconfigure the buttons in the options menu, I recommend using a XBOX controller instead

EDIT: I'm just about to order a refund, the D-PAD in-game commands doesn't work... I'm trying to switch the street sign mode (Road Rules / Showtime) by hitting "up" on the D-PAD and nothing changes... the commands are mapped in options and everything... now if I hit "right" on the D-PAD it works, but not "up"

Message 4 of 7 (8,924 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I use a Xbox 360 controller and have no problem mapping buttons and sticks, the game will give you a message if you are changing a control that is all ready mapped to a different function. The D-Pad controls select menus, right arrow opens the menus and enters the selection once highlighted by the up or down arrows, left arrow backs out of highlighted selection and will close the menus. Hope this helps. 😎 

Message 5 of 7 (8,906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@jrrdw wrote:

I use a Xbox 360 controller and have no problem mapping buttons and sticks, the game will give you a message if you are changing a control that is all ready mapped to a different function. The D-Pad controls select menus, right arrow opens the menus and enters the selection once highlighted by the up or down arrows, left arrow backs out of highlighted selection and will close the menus. Hope this helps. 😎 

Hey can you guide me with mapping the controls on the Xbox console? If I want to map accelerate to A, how can I do it? 

I've been searching everywhere but I can't find a straight answer to this Frown

Edit: Just wanted to add that I can't find the "Under the Hood" option in the main menu either. 

Message 6 of 7 (5,827 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@baemax666   I use my controller on PC and the lay out is different from what I've read. "Under The Hood" was a Ultimate Box menu option and Remastered doesn.t call it that on PC menu, it might on Xbox I don't know. It should be like doing it for any other Xbox game you probably have done, just high light the maneuver then move the controllers control for the action you want it to do, follow the on screen prompts. The bikes are different then the cars because they need a "lean back" that has to be a separate control from the "brake". Also the bikes have no "boost" or "E brake", so that leaves you with 2 controller buttons to choose from for use of the "lean back" to do wheelies.

I hope that helps.

Message 7 of 7 (5,798 Views)