Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i just bought burnout paradise ultimate box

but when i start i starts loading but crashes

text appears burnout.exe application has stopped working

----------------------------------------------- MESSAGE EDITED - Discussion thread redirected ---------------------------------------

A new dedicated board is now available here: Burnout - Please check out our FAQs and post your questions and/or answers in this board. Thank you.

Message 1 of 827 (10,922 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Burnout Paradise Crash

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Edit: A new dedicated Burnout board is now available here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout/bd-p/Burnout

We have hence locked this thread, please check out our FAQs and post your questions and/or answers on the new board. Thank you.

Note: This post had been previously marked as solution with the sole purpose of increasing its visibility.

If you would like to read the previous solutions found, click on the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Heya everyone,

For all of you Humble Bundle users there were a couple of issues reported and we are currently investigating them. I have merged various threads into this one in order to address everyone at once.

I tried to categorize them to the best of my knowledge - should you have a separate issue, please describe it in much detail as possible so we can look into it as well.

Crashes

1. Game crashing while playing

For those still experiencing crashes while playing please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure Burnout Paradise is not running.

2. Download sound file from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/dev/NEVER_HEARD_OF_IT.SNS.

3. Save file to desktop.

4. Copy file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Burnout Paradise\SOUND\STREAMS\. By default this is the folder the game is installed to.

5. Run the game

Thanks again to pestilencemagesblbeechzero32483 and m1k3ol, who uncovered this mystery.

2. Crash on Start Up (splash screen)

You can try these two workarounds, if you are experiencing these

• Right click the BurnoutParadise.exe file in the games installation directory, select properties and open the compatibility tab. Select the Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility Mode and click apply. (Thanks bigjeffy)
  • Turn off any Overlays, either Origin-In-Game or third party ones such as (Xsplit, MSI-OnScreen, etc.) as well as any webcams. (Thanks grachplaytv6 and again sbleech)

3. Miscellaneous crashes

If you are still crashing and playing on a multicore CPU do the following: (Thanks iamlepermessiah)

*Updated*Issues with product keys

We are currently investigating the error messages reported below and I have created new threads for these issues. Please click on them to further follow up for your issue.

DLC

The Ultimate Box contains all DLC which had been released between the original Burnout Paradise release and the Ultimate Box release. Any DLC released later has not been included. I hope that clears up any confusion.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 494 of 827 (9,779 Views)

All Replies

cant download game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hi there, i buy burnout paradise before but i cant download jet so what can i do?, you send me a mail of comfimation of the product but im still without the game, the status says: avalable to download, doesnt start over :S what can i do help please, bad service :S

Message 2 of 827 (10,464 Views)

Re: help!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@mati745 wrote:

i just bought burnout paradise ultimate box

but when i start i starts loading but crashes

text appears burnout.exe application has stopped working

would like to know your specs first

Message 3 of 827 (10,748 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise

Community Manager (retired)

You need open your origin client and go to MY GAMES. Select the game you want to install and hit DOWNLOAD.

Cheers

Mat

Message 4 of 827 (10,452 Views)

[Burnout Paradise] Setup Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello..! Just purchased Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box. I have Win-7-64bit. I purchased the CD after check the compatibility on the net.

During setup it gave me an error message, "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I have even taken a screenshot of the same. Please help.

Regards.

Message 5 of 827 (10,735 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise: Setup Error

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@rbuchil wrote:

Hello..! Just purchased Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box. I have Win-7-64bit. I purchased the CD after check the compatibility on the net.

During setup it gave me an error message, "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I have even taken a screenshot of the same. Please help.

Regards.

As stated in your error message, it's recommended that you contact a Game Advisor via https://help.ea.com/en/burnout/burnout-paradise (on the right side, look for a "Contact Us" button). They should be able to work with you to get you up and running, and playing Burnout as intended.

Message 6 of 827 (10,734 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise: Setup Error

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the speedy reply...! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 7 of 827 (10,731 Views)

[Burnout Paradise] GAME ACTIVATION

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought Burnout Paradise. When I try to play the game it says the serial number has already been used. I have never bought this game before so how did I get an invalid serial number. Could someone tell me how to get a valid serial number. Thanks. 

Message 8 of 827 (10,624 Views)

Re: GAME ACTIVATION

[ Edited ]
Hero

@arsenaum1952 wrote:

I just bought Burnout Paradise. When I try to play the game it says the serial number has already been used. I have never bought this game before so how did I get an invalid serial number. Could someone tell me how to get a valid serial number. Thanks. 

Did you buy it used or new ? If it was new, you should contact Customer support.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. Make sure you have a game, a category and a platform selected for the options to become available.

If the Live Chat option is not active for you, choose US as your country.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 827 (10,618 Views)

burnout paradise ultimate box

★★★ Newbie

the control option does not display in the game  i am using the key board but want to use the game pad

Message 10 of 827 (10,423 Views)