Re: Burnout Paradise Crash

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Burnout Paradise Crash

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I have previously logged into Burnout Paradise (bought from the Humble Bundle) and played the game. However when I now try to log in the game starts to load and then suddenly crashes to desktop with the message Burnout (TM) Paradise has stopped working. I have tried every fix from -multithread, compatibility and disabling interfaces. However none of this works. My specs are: Nvidia ION GPU, Intel Pentium dual core @2.30Ghz, 3 GB of RAM and 64x bit Windows Home Premium.

Thanks in advance, EnsnareTheSun

Message 491 of 827 (6,430 Views)

Burnout crashes upon trying to connect to my EA account

★★★ Newbie

I have been having this problem for a couple of days now and didn't know what was going on, But only today have I figured it out.

I launched the game with the internet disabled and it worked just fine, but as I tried to connect to my EA account it crashed right to the desktop. 

I know many other people are having the same problem and I need to know if there is a fix for it?

Hope someone out there can help me and many other people.

Thanks in advance.

Message 492 of 827 (6,326 Views)

Burnout paradise problems

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought the humble packade where i got Burnout; paradise city. Now i have a huge problem...

The thing is that when i play the game it doesn't save at all, i have tried to uninstall it and install it again. And also repair it but non seems work, and also i have tried to run it as admin. Anothing thing is that it minimizes alot... It all worked fine untill 2 days ago where it all began. I don't know if you need fourther information or this is enought.

Message 493 of 827 (5,683 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Burnout Paradise Crash

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Edit: A new dedicated Burnout board is now available here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout/bd-p/Burnout

We have hence locked this thread, please check out our FAQs and post your questions and/or answers on the new board. Thank you.

Note: This post had been previously marked as solution with the sole purpose of increasing its visibility.

If you would like to read the previous solutions found, click on the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Heya everyone,

For all of you Humble Bundle users there were a couple of issues reported and we are currently investigating them. I have merged various threads into this one in order to address everyone at once.

I tried to categorize them to the best of my knowledge - should you have a separate issue, please describe it in much detail as possible so we can look into it as well.

Crashes

1. Game crashing while playing

For those still experiencing crashes while playing please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure Burnout Paradise is not running.

2. Download sound file from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/dev/NEVER_HEARD_OF_IT.SNS.

3. Save file to desktop.

4. Copy file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Burnout Paradise\SOUND\STREAMS\. By default this is the folder the game is installed to.

5. Run the game

Thanks again to pestilencemagesblbeechzero32483 and m1k3ol, who uncovered this mystery.

2. Crash on Start Up (splash screen)

You can try these two workarounds, if you are experiencing these

• Right click the BurnoutParadise.exe file in the games installation directory, select properties and open the compatibility tab. Select the Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility Mode and click apply. (Thanks bigjeffy)
  • Turn off any Overlays, either Origin-In-Game or third party ones such as (Xsplit, MSI-OnScreen, etc.) as well as any webcams. (Thanks grachplaytv6 and again sbleech)

3. Miscellaneous crashes

If you are still crashing and playing on a multicore CPU do the following: (Thanks iamlepermessiah)

*Updated*Issues with product keys

We are currently investigating the error messages reported below and I have created new threads for these issues. Please click on them to further follow up for your issue.

DLC

The Ultimate Box contains all DLC which had been released between the original Burnout Paradise release and the Ultimate Box release. Any DLC released later has not been included. I hope that clears up any confusion.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 494 of 827 (9,776 Views)

Re: Re: Burnout Paradise Crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, Just thought I would address that none of the issues stated are my problem and the solutions on Miscellaneous crashes I have tried and did not fix the problem. My problem is when the game trys to connect to the EA servers just after inputting my login information, It just crashes, Now I am able to get it working if I block all connections through my firewall but I don't have any internet inside the game. But I would prefer to play online with my friends. So if you have any fixes I would really like to know about them.

Hope you can help.

Message 495 of 827 (6,888 Views)

Burnout Paradise

★★★ Newbie

OK so I got burnout paradise from the humble bundle and I installed and when I start the game it ask me to login in to ea so I do but then I get this message saying invalid product key but I already entered it before installing so how can it be incorrect?

Message 496 of 827 (6,178 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise

★★ Guide

Dear techgamin247,

Since this is an issue with a private product code, I recommend that you contact an EA Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask

Additional Information: https://help.ea.com/article/how-do-i-redeem-the-humble-origin-bundle

Hope this helps,

Nathan Maltba

-----
If this statement has helped you today, then click the XP button ---->
If this statement answered your question, then click the green solved button!

Message 497 of 827 (6,015 Views)

Humble Bundle Burnout Paradise City

★★★ Newbie

I've recently purchased the Humble Bundle, and when I go to login to Burnout Paradise City to play online multiplayer  it gives me the message "invalid product key" and closes. But it plays perfectly fine online. How can I fix this issue?

Message 498 of 827 (5,903 Views)

Re: EA Login on Burnout paradise

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem

Message 499 of 827 (5,659 Views)

Problem with startup of Burnout paradise

★★★ Newbie

Hi. i know the game is old Standard smile but i recived a humble bundle code from a friend and i thought i'd tryout Burnout paradise on PC. i enjoyed it in ps3 alot and would like to try it on pc, but during startup i get a pop up box saying something like the limitation of your licensekey... bla bla bla its on swedish so i have some difficulty translating it. sure i can translate it just the way it says in swedish, but i'd figure non of it would make sense :D

please help, i got a new pc and would like to see burnout paradise perform on it to.

Regards

Message 500 of 827 (3,274 Views)