Re: Burnout Paradise servers are going to close.

by -TRR-De-M-oN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise servers are going to close.

Servers will close on August 1 for Original Burnout Paradise after 11,5 years... It was a great run.! Standard smile

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/CriterionGames/status/1118623487499874304

_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 1 of 10 (1,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@WindowsManTv_CZE 

Thanks for posting, I do want to be sure players are aware of the last line of that tweet:

Burnout Paradise Remastered servers are unaffected.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,499 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@WindowsManTv_CZE 

Thanks for posting, I do want to be sure players are aware of the last line of that tweet:

Burnout Paradise Remastered servers are unaffected.

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,500 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Then fix finally that the remastered version doesnt work. It crashes out already before getting to the main menu.

With old PC the problem and the fresh new PC still the problem. What is up with this game?

Message 3 of 10 (1,485 Views)

Community Manager

@-TRR-De-M-oN 

Some players have been able to fix this by reinstalling or disabling third party capture software (or the actual computer camera itself).

If it's still crashing on you, please upload a DxDiag so we can check out your PC specs to figure out what's causing this to happen.

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_BlueberryI have a feeling that the game is already broken if you have a capture card due to that Webcam thing in the game...
I have a Datapath Capture Card and I could imagine that the game tries to use it as webcam? That would be amateur programming then imo. Because every programmer should know that webcams arent the only DirectShow Devices in the world.
That would also explain why DXTory breaks the game - because it allows sending to DirectShow and thus it is in the directshow device list as well.
I dont use DXTory anymore. But I did some years ago.

But here the dxdiag

https://pastebin.com/JZHHH2Ui

And yes the sound driver isnt signed. Thats because Asus doesnt offer any win10 driver for the older asus xonar soundcards and had to use the uni mod driver.

But this cant be the issue. Like said - the game didnt work on my old pc either. And there it was a windows 7 with an official signed driver by Asus.

Message 5 of 10 (1,462 Views)

Community Manager

@-TRR-De-M-oN 

Are you able to load up the game after putting Origin in Offline Mode?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry wow. Actually it worked. But now it crashes at the cutscene where DMV is written at beginning of it..
Message 7 of 10 (1,446 Views)

Community Manager

@-TRR-De-M-oN 

Can you disable the camera on your PC? That's fixed it for other players. Glad to hear we're making progress!

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry I dont use a camera. I have a capture card though.

To quote me again:

[quote]I have a Datapath Capture Card and I could imagine that the game tries to use it as webcam? That would be amateur programming then imo. Because every programmer should know that webcams arent the only DirectShow Devices in the world.
That would also explain why DXTory breaks the game - because it allows sending to DirectShow and thus it is in the directshow device list as well.
I dont use DXTory anymore. But I did some years ago.[/quote]

Can I force the game to not look for webcams at least?
Message 9 of 10 (1,437 Views)

Community Manager

Try this solution:

"I know  it's very late but go to burnout paradise files and launch burnoutconfigtool.exe. there is a option to disable webcam. if you dont have this file i dont know how to fix it (because i have box version)"

Long shot, but it could be camera access related from what a driver mentioned on this post.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,428 Views)