Burnout Paradise remastered crash

by SacredLiar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise remastered crash

★★★ Novice

Good day everyone!So i wanted to play with my friend,but i stuck with a problem:my game crashes when im trying to open it while online.On the other hand it works perfect BUT only if im in offline.I already tried to reinstall vc2015 it didnt help.

Message 1 of 10 (1,752 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Burnout Paradise remastered crash

★★★ Novice
@jrrdw Ok,i found a solution thanks to the google magic. I deleted OBS and now game works fine,i dunno why it works but it works,seems a bit strange if you pay attention to the error code VCRUNTIME140.dll which i found in dxdiag.
So thanks for the help, topic closed

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (1,668 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Any error messages? Turn off Windows web cam, there are software conflicts with it. 

Message 2 of 10 (1,731 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jrrdw no messages it just closes,about webcam i turned it off already
Message 3 of 10 (1,722 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SacredLiar Did you get Remastered through Origin or Steam?

Message 4 of 10 (1,710 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jrrdw through origin
Message 5 of 10 (1,703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SacredLiar Open Origin Client and select "My Game Library" then right click on the "Burnout Paradise Remastered' game tile and left click on "Repair". The repair function will run until it's finished then it will flash a "Ready To Play" message. Left click on "Play" and see if you get to the servers, if so follow the prompts. If you played from the beginning you will know / remember it all. Keep any web cams unplugged and turned off it will automatically tell you to not worry about it when you get to the picture part of the game set up, something to that effect.

Here's a how to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Pj4KECreA 

Keep us posted on your progress please.

Message 6 of 10 (1,691 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jrrdw tried this repair option before still no changes
Message 7 of 10 (1,676 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jrrdw Ok,i found a solution thanks to the google magic. I deleted OBS and now game works fine,i dunno why it works but it works,seems a bit strange if you pay attention to the error code VCRUNTIME140.dll which i found in dxdiag.
So thanks for the help, topic closed
Message 8 of 10 (1,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What is OBS?

I am having this crashing issue as well.

Message 9 of 10 (1,045 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SailorMoon2011 

OBS Studio is streaming software. Different manufactures call it by different names and is usually found in display drivers as a part of the software package. I DO NOT recommend deleting drivers, you more likely then not go to the display driver settings and turn it off. Google is your friend and most manufactures now have public help forums. Please read all information you obtain carefully.  

Message 10 of 10 (1,014 Views)