Burnout Paradise - "The product key you are trying to use is already registered."

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise - "The product key you are trying to use is already registered."

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Edit: A new dedicated Burnout board is now available here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout/bd-p/Burnout

We have hence locked this thread, please check out our FAQs and post your questions and/or answers on the new board. Thank you.

Note: If you would like to read the previous troubleshooting steps, click on the spoiler below. 

Spoiler

Heya everyone,

If you are experiencing the error message: "The product key you are trying to use is already registered." please do the following:

1. Log out of your Origin account
  2. Login again with the account that you registered Burnout Paradise with.
  3. Now start the game again. 

Should you still have any issues afterwards please report back here and also get in touch with an EA Game Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask

Cheers,

Nils

Message 14 of 67 (16,688 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Burnout Paradise - "The product key you are trying to use is already registered."

Community Manager

A new dedicated Burnout board is now available here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout/bd-p/Burnout

We have hence locked this thread, please check out our FAQs and post your questions and/or answers on the new board. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 67 of 67 (8,190 Views)

All Replies

Burnout Paradise humble bundle key already in use

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have successfully redeemed my Humble Indie Bundle Key for Burnout Paradise and installed the game. When I start it, I'm asked to log in to my EA account. However, I get an error which says "The product key you are trying to use is already registered."

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you,

Filip

Message 1 of 67 (17,470 Views)

Logging in on my burnout paradise (steam version) with my EA account does not work

★★★ Newbie

I bought burnout paradise dec 28, 2009(steam record). I have checked my current EA account (origin) and it has existed since january 2009. So when I reinstalled the game to play it today, I tried to log in with my account and it told me that the key was already activated. I am not sure what is happening, or what I now need to do to play this game that I already spent a significant amount of time playing.

Message 2 of 67 (17,704 Views)

humble bundle burnout key allready registered

★★★ Newbie

hi i just bought the humble bundle i installed the burnout paradise through origin with the key i received but when i tried to connect to its servers i got a message sorry key allready registered..

Message 3 of 67 (16,866 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise says code is invalid

★★★ Newbie

Guys i found out whats wrong at lest in my case..i was using a different account in the game from my origin account..try using the origin when looging in..

Message 4 of 67 (17,431 Views)

Burnout Paradise says code is invalid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone

I already had burnout for a while but only played it for 4 hours on steam, and now my friends also has it with the humble sale, so we wanted to play online but now burnout says my code is already registered.

thx for the help

Message 5 of 67 (16,866 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise humble bundle key already in use

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have contacted EA Support and they redirected me to Humble Indie Bundle Support via e-mail. I e-mailed them and didn't receive any reply yet.

However, I did find a temporary solution for people who got the game through the Bundle. You can redeem both Origin and Steam keys. If you redeem Steam key instead of Origin, there should be no issues - the key redeems quickly (unlike Origin), installs and you are able to log in to your EA Account without any issues. It seems like it's problem with Origin's registration of the key when it installs the game, not with your EA Account.

tl;dr - install using Steam whenever possible, it will log you in without any problems.

Message 6 of 67 (17,336 Views)

Unable to log in on burnout paradise

★★★ Newbie

I got a code to download Burnout Paradise and it worked and I downloaded the game

However, when starting the game they ask me to log in with my EA account, I do that and they give me the message the "The product key you are trying to use is already registered" 

I can play the single player just fine, but I wanted to play this game online and it is impossible

Message 7 of 67 (17,262 Views)

Burnout Paradise says the product key that you are trying to use is already registered

★★★ Newbie

I just bought a new copy of burnout paradise the ultimate box and when im logining in to mt account it says: "the product key that you are trying to use is already registered"

what should i do?

Message 8 of 67 (16,582 Views)

Product key not working

★★★ Newbie

Well my Product key says its already valid on burnout paradise I don't know why its saying that and I don't know how to fix it.

Message 9 of 67 (16,435 Views)