Re: Burnout Paradise - not launching on Win 10

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise - not launching on Win 10

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've tried to resolve this issue with EA help. They advised me with running CCleaner and Reinstalling Windows. Ha. Ha. (I've just installed a Win 10 after a system upgrade)

Basically, when I try to launch vanilla Burnout Paradise on Win 10, nothing happens. Plainly nothing, nothing ever appears, just Origin saying I'm in game. I've tried every google result I've stumbled upon -  

Run my game as admin,
Run this game under compatibility settings - tried everything from Win 8 to Win 2000,
Uninstall all webcam software (I don't have any webcam),

Launch Burnout Config tool and set webcam to none. Strangely, I can't set any resolution for the game, the list is just empty

So, someone. Please help.

Message 1 of 12 (12,773 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Are we are talking about the old complete box version for Steam or Origin? It still works for Win 10 on my system "origin version" with a few tweaks. Tho steam forum have a few topics regarding crash issues etc. As most don't even get to start the game.

The most common fix for Win 10 crashes are in fact cam related. And the simple fix for most was to go into the config settings and turn off webcam there, and to disable any via device manager if you have any installed. That worked for most. Some still needs to add comparability settings, and Windows XP service pack 2 did the trick for most. As that's all I had to do to get mine to work on Windows 10.

View in thread

Message 3 of 12 (12,699 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Fatalut1on

Not being able to set the resolution may be a clue, can you post your Dxdiag report here so we can take a look please?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 12 (12,709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Are we are talking about the old complete box version for Steam or Origin? It still works for Win 10 on my system "origin version" with a few tweaks. Tho steam forum have a few topics regarding crash issues etc. As most don't even get to start the game.

The most common fix for Win 10 crashes are in fact cam related. And the simple fix for most was to go into the config settings and turn off webcam there, and to disable any via device manager if you have any installed. That worked for most. Some still needs to add comparability settings, and Windows XP service pack 2 did the trick for most. As that's all I had to do to get mine to work on Windows 10.

Message 3 of 12 (12,700 Views)

Community Manager

@Balc0ra

Thanks for posting.

barry.png
Message 4 of 12 (12,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I.WANT.TO.PLAY.THIS.GAME.
Come on is it that hard to make this game not start with everything on high, I tried everything and nothing helped me, did I just waste 10 euros ?
Message 5 of 12 (12,168 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

run burnout paradise ,then run task manager and tell me is there a process name burnoutparadise.exe ?

Message 6 of 12 (12,140 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
nvm
Message 7 of 12 (12,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CrabHead501 Hi, it works now on Windows 10 or not, because I have the same problem, tanks
Message 8 of 12 (3,849 Views)

★★ Novice

The solution to this problem is to go into the folder in which your installed Burnout. In this folder, there will be the game executable itself, named Burnout Paradise, and another executable called BurnoutLauncher. Open BurnoutLauncher, and set the resolution of the game to the resolution of your screen. (Probably 1920x1080).

Save the file and wait for it to rewrite the files in the Burnout folder. The game should now work.

This worked as of March 2023.

Message 9 of 12 (2,526 Views)

★★ Novice
@DEBOITOR_Z @CrabHead501 @AlphaMazi
Time to play a certified CLASSIC.
Message 10 of 12 (2,523 Views)