Burnout Paradise crashing after intro

by Galbi3000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise crashing after intro

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I just re-installed Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box via the Origin launcher. I wanted to play it again after a couple of years not playing it.

After loging in to my EA account it takes me through the intro sequence, which really should be skippable if you have played it before as it takes way too long. I get to the part where it takes me to the junkyard and the car drops into view. Right at that point the game crashes.

I found many 'fixes' online for this crashing of the game and have tried as many as possible to no avail. It still crashes at the same point.

I got tired of having to re-log in to the EA account at the start and figured out how to get that info saved, instead of entering the game on the main menu after logging in I quit the game. That at least saved the login information.

My hardware setup:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 running at 3.2Ghz, Black edition but not overclocked.

RAM: 16GB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 by MSi with 2GB RAM

These are the different things I have tried:

1. -multithread game option. No change.

2. Ran the game config tool in the installation folder, set the resolution to the desktop resolution and made sure that "none" was selected for web cam. It had "XSplitBroadcaster" selected as default the first time I ran the config tool. No change.

3. Re-ran the config tool and disabled the VOIP settings by selecting "------" on both input and output. No change.

4. Disabled Origin in Game option for the game in the Origin Launcher. No change, still crashes.

5. Disabled NVIDIA ShadowPlay (set up for Twitch broadcasting). No change.

6. Program compatibility. I ran the program compatibility trouble shooter of Win8 and tried it's recommended settings then when that failed tried it as Win 7 compatibility (I used to play it on Win 7) with 'Run as administrator' enabled. No change, still crashes.

Any other things I can try? I really hate having paid for a game I am unable to play even if it is an older game. It is still available to purchase on Origin so should still be supported by EA.

Message 1 of 23 (53,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Burnout Paradise crashing after intro

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@Flexo013 - @Galbi3000 

Please try the following workarounds gathered by EA_Nils HERE

1. Game crashing while playing

For those still experiencing crashes while playing please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure Burnout Paradise is not running.

2. Download sound file from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/dev/NEVER_HEARD_OF_IT.SNS.

3. Save file to desktop.

4. Copy file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Burnout Paradise\SOUND\STREAMS\. By default this is the folder the game is installed to.

5. Run the game

Thanks again to pestilencemagesblbeechzero32483 and m1k3ol, who uncovered this mystery.

Alternatively, If Burnout Paradise on PC has been crashing early after starting your game and getting into your first car, stay behind the wheel by:

• Start a game in Party Mode, choosing 2-players, and press 'Esc' to open your game menu
  • Open Audio Option, select EA Trax, and find Song #25, "Never Heard of It -- Finger on the Trigger."
  • Change this song to Don't Play.
  • Go back, save, and return to your game.

2. Crash on Start Up (splash screen)

You can try these two workarounds, if you are experiencing these

• Right click the BurnoutParadise.exe file in the games installation directory, select properties and open the compatibility tab. Select the Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility Mode and click apply. (Thanks bigjeffy)
  • Turn off any Overlays, either Origin-In-Game or third party ones such as (Xsplit, MSI-OnScreen, etc.) as well as any webcams. (Thanks grachplaytv6 and again sbleech)

3. Miscellaneous crashes

If you are still crashing and playing on a multicore CPU do the following: (Thanks iamlepermessiah)

View in thread

Message 5 of 23 (60,386 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Have you tried this?

This sounds like a common problem.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/burnout-paradise-pc-early-in-game-crash-troubleshooting/

Thanks,

Thomas.

Message 2 of 23 (53,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Nope, still crashes Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Always at the exact same point after the guys introduces you to your 'new' car!

Message 3 of 23 (53,002 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue here. I would really love some help with this.

Message 4 of 23 (52,990 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Flexo013 - @Galbi3000 

Please try the following workarounds gathered by EA_Nils HERE

1. Game crashing while playing

For those still experiencing crashes while playing please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure Burnout Paradise is not running.

2. Download sound file from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/dev/NEVER_HEARD_OF_IT.SNS.

3. Save file to desktop.

4. Copy file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Burnout Paradise\SOUND\STREAMS\. By default this is the folder the game is installed to.

5. Run the game

Thanks again to pestilencemagesblbeechzero32483 and m1k3ol, who uncovered this mystery.

Alternatively, If Burnout Paradise on PC has been crashing early after starting your game and getting into your first car, stay behind the wheel by:

• Start a game in Party Mode, choosing 2-players, and press 'Esc' to open your game menu
  • Open Audio Option, select EA Trax, and find Song #25, "Never Heard of It -- Finger on the Trigger."
  • Change this song to Don't Play.
  • Go back, save, and return to your game.

2. Crash on Start Up (splash screen)

You can try these two workarounds, if you are experiencing these

• Right click the BurnoutParadise.exe file in the games installation directory, select properties and open the compatibility tab. Select the Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility Mode and click apply. (Thanks bigjeffy)
  • Turn off any Overlays, either Origin-In-Game or third party ones such as (Xsplit, MSI-OnScreen, etc.) as well as any webcams. (Thanks grachplaytv6 and again sbleech)

3. Miscellaneous crashes

If you are still crashing and playing on a multicore CPU do the following: (Thanks iamlepermessiah)

Message 5 of 23 (60,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Nope, still crashes at the exact same point!

The only new information you provided was to disable that one music track. I did that, still crashed.

You provided inaccurate instructions though, to bring up the options menu in party mode you do not use F1, I was mashing that key trying to figure out why it was not bringing up the options until I decided to simply try Esc, which brought it up :P

I will try recording the exact moment the crash occurs using ShadowPlay and upload it to YouTube. Will replay here with the link when it's done.

Message 6 of 23 (52,972 Views)

@Galbi3000 wrote:

You provided inaccurate instructions though, to bring up the options menu in party mode you do not use F1, I was mashing that key trying to figure out why it was not bringing up the options until I decided to simply try Esc, which brought it up :P

Thanks Galbi3000, I will fix this now sorry for the confusion ...

Message 7 of 23 (52,968 Views)

★★★ Novice

The video has been uploaded at http://youtu.be/DUc64SwKLr0

I started the recording near the end of the long intro to save the agony of having to watch it all before getting to the relevant part :P

Message 8 of 23 (52,957 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Galbi3000 

I see. Thanks for uploading the video. Also on your first post you have tried many troubleshooting steps.

Here is what I can suggest I am not sure this will fix the issue but please try and let us know how it goes.

• Launching the game as an administrator.
  • Making sure that Windows and the graphics card drivers are up-to-date
  • scanning your system for viruses
  • Repairing  the game (in case of corrupted file)
  • Launching the game in windowed mode (Control + Alt + Enter)
  • Launching the game directly via Origin
  • Try a clean boot to see if the issue persists.
Message 9 of 23 (52,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

still getting the same problem.......

Message 10 of 23 (52,757 Views)