Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered

by Demiwarer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise Remastered

★ Apprentice

Hey trying to get into Paradise Remastered on PC, during first loading screen into game it will crash everytime. It happens after the "Hit any Button  Below are the steps I have tried, no getting any error messages. Is this a known issue?, or is this happening to anyoe else?

Steps taken:

- verified windows, GPU, and network card updates

- Tried repair via origin

- clean installed game using revo uninstall > cleaned my PC with CCleaner > reinstalled with origin

- Verified origin and game had no updates

- I Dont use any AV or firewall or VPN

- Date and Time correct 

Message 1 of 11 (4,867 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Demiwarer 

Your machine may be defaulting to the video processing on your CPU rather than your NVIDIA GPU.

Make sure your display is connected to your video card and not your motherboard and then follow these steps:

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Burnout Paradise\BurnoutParadise.exe
  6. Select BurnoutParadise.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know how you get on. Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (4,791 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Demiwarer 

Your machine may be defaulting to the video processing on your CPU rather than your NVIDIA GPU.

Make sure your display is connected to your video card and not your motherboard and then follow these steps:

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Burnout Paradise\BurnoutParadise.exe
  6. Select BurnoutParadise.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know how you get on. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (4,792 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the steps they worked able to get in and play, at an hour so far with no issues.

Message 3 of 11 (4,780 Views)

Community Manager

@Demiwarer 

Great news, thanks for posting.

barry.png
Message 4 of 11 (4,769 Views)

★★ Novice

Greetings @EA_Barry,

I seem to be having a similar (if not identical) issue as @Demiwarer for Burnout Paradise Remastered on PC.

I have replicated the various troubleshooting steps listed in Demiwarer's initial post. I have also implemented your recommended solution of adding the Burnout Paradise Remastered program in the Nvidia control panel.

However, the game is still crashing at its usual spots (in the initial loading screens before gameplay begins) and seems unaffected by my troubleshooting measures. Do you have any additional solutions I could try?

My MSInfo and DxDiag logs are attached.

Message 5 of 11 (4,486 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey @MalaysianGov saw you added to my issue, figured I'd see if I could help. You're MSinfo shows the game is crashing if you go to the bottom "Windows Error Reporting" Section it shows Burnout is crashing due to Burnout usually that means there is a resource issue somewhere. I looked in your DXDiag and it shows the Nvidia 1060 has been updated since 2018 I know there has been a driver update recently I would check on your GPU updates again also just make sure its using the nvidia versus the intel graphic. 

Message 6 of 11 (4,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello @Demiwarer ,

I appreciate all the help and expertise I can get- it's much appreciated!

You are correct, there was an Nvidia driver update available so I have now downloaded and installed that. Good news is that after doing this, the game progressed further than it ever has before, making it to the vehicle selection screen! Before then crashing again.

The game now seems to be crashing early in the initial loading screen, consistently around 15 seconds after hitting "Play" from the Origin start point. I'm hoping this is some kind of sign?

You also recommended ensuring that my GPU is using the Nvidia rather than the intel graphic. As someone with only limited computer know-how, I'm not exactly sure what that means or how I might check/correct that. Would you happen to have some some step-by-step directions that I could follow?

Thanks again for your help!

Message 7 of 11 (4,472 Views)

Community Manager

@MalaysianGov 

See my first post on this thread: LINK

barry.png
Message 8 of 11 (4,463 Views)

★ Apprentice

What @EA_Barry  said those would be the steps, to get to Nvidia control panel you can right click on empty space on your desktop, so don't have any windows open and click anywhere to get a small option windows with options for:

- view

- sort

- refresh 

- Nvidia control panel
- etc..

Also you can use this link if you are more of a visual person: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

What I was referring to is your device like mine has 2 GPU, the Nvidia (also called a dedicated GPU) is made for heavy processing for stuff like game, 3d editing or anything that needs horsepower for visual tasks. The other GPU Intel's (also call a integrated GPU) is mainly made for light visuals so to render text and simple images (like checking emails or watching videos). Most PC aren't set to filter the GPU based of what your currently doing, usually the settings look at power consumption/ energy saving so if you have your device in an energy efficient mode it usually tries to run the Intel since it takes less power. But again the intel doesn't have enough power to run games which can cause a crash, so that's why you may have to default it, which for PC is handled through Nvidia control panel versus windows. Anyways hope the advice helped it stay on!

Message 9 of 11 (4,436 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for that post @Demiwarer ! That totally helped to fill in a tech newbie like myself.

And thank you @EA_Barry for your post. I attempted to implement these steps before, but I must have done something incorrectly before because having now performed these steps again, the game seems to runs well once I'm in. I'm racing around and crashing fine, q\which is great!

However, I am still getting fatal crashes at two points:

1) Any time I press the pause button and halt gameplay, the game immediately crashes

2) About once every four boot ups, I am still getting a crash during the initial loading screen.

Not sure if there is much else to be done or if this is just a program that doesn't want to play nice with my system.

Message 10 of 11 (4,370 Views)