Betreff: Burnout Paradise Remastered won't start.

by EA_Barry

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@holger1405 Which activation.dll am I supposed to be looking at? I see two of em, both last modified on 05/14/2018. One is just "Activation.dll", it's 2,507 KB in size. The other is "Activation64.dll", 2,967 KB in size. As for other games, aside from Burnout Paradise Remastered, the only other ones I have that are installed are Dungeon Keeper and SimCity 2000.
Message 31 of 43 (3,784 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CGLingerZ

CGLingerZ wrote:
Holger1405 Which activation.dll am I supposed to be looking at? I see two of em, both last modified on 05/14/2018. One is just "Activation.dll", it's 2,507 KB in size. The other is "Activation64.dll", 2,967 KB in size. As for other games, aside from Burnout Paradise Remastered, the only other ones I have that are installed are Dungeon Keeper and SimCity 2000.

And both Games work?

The size of the "activation.dll" is fine, just wanted a reference point to know if the file is maybe corrupted. That still could be the case, but it is at least not completely wrecked.

There are two errors regarding BPR, the first one is about the "activation.dll", the second one is a PAC error.

PAC is the "Program Compatibility Assistant"

Is there a Compatibility mode set inside the "BurnoutPR.exe" or inside the "Origin.exe"? If yes, remove it and test.

Also clear your temp files:

Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time"

Into the new window, type or copy & paste:  "%temp%"   (Without the quotes.) > hit "ENTER"

Now your Windows Explorer should have brought you to the "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in it.

(If some files or folders can't be deleted, reboot and try again.)

If that don't helps:

Restart your router in this way:
Pull the power plug > wait 5 minutes > return the power plug

If that not helps, shut down your Windows firewall and disable the real-time scanner of your antivirus software.. (just for testing purpose, don't forget to activate the firewall and the antivirus software later on.) > Then start BPR.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 32 of 43 (3,768 Views)

★ Apprentice

Any other fix for that?, origin seems dead for that game!

Thanks

Message 33 of 43 (3,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Just passing by to say thanks! I had the same problem (game not starting at all). Uninstalling the Origin client and reinstalling it with the 'Beta' option enabled... that did the trick for me. I'm a bit baffled by that but apparently the Origin client was the thing stopping my Burnout from starting.

Not much of an "offical and perfect" solution but it's worth a try.

Message 34 of 43 (3,700 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for posting @Jon_Easy

@CGLingerZ@mgg1959@PapagenoX

Can you guys let us know if Jon's post above helps?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 35 of 43 (3,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

If you have any Windows N version and does not have media feature pack then you have to skip intro videos for game to start so try this:

From Origin -> Right click Burnout Paradise and select Game properties -> In advanced launch option command line arguments add this "-skipvideos"

Hope this will help you to run this game.

PS: I do not have any idea if it will also work for Windows without "N" versions.

Message 36 of 43 (3,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

no... still not working :/

Message 37 of 43 (2,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hulkdad just add " -skipvideos " in Launch options in Game Properties in your Origin. This solved my problem. If still did not work, also try the method mentioned in this video. https://youtu.be/Af_IA98m8f4
Message 38 of 43 (2,194 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered won't start.

★★★ Newbie
@CGLingerZ Alright, now I don't know if this will work for you but it did for me, running wind8 no compatibility mode, go to burnoutPR.exe>right-click>properties>security>full control>allow and it started right up for the very first time. Nothing else changed, origin running, it's all good
Message 39 of 43 (2,046 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered won't start.

★★★ Newbie

Annnnd then it crashed

Message 40 of 43 (2,045 Views)