Betreff: Burnout Paradise Remastered won't start.

by hulkdad

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Hello EA,

Is anyone still there? 18 days after release and we can't even get to the menu screen. Can we get some form of reply? "We're working on it," "A fix is coming," "Forget you guys, we're moving on to other games, thanks for the cash (...twiddles thin curled mustache maniacally.)" Some kind of input would be nice. I know this game isn't Madden or Battlefield 6,432, but surely it's still worth it to throw some support at it.

Message 21 of 43 (3,141 Views)

★★ Apprentice
What does it take to get EA's tech support to notice this problem and FIX IT!?!
Message 22 of 43 (3,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello devs. Is anybody working on this yet!? Anyone!? If it's any consolation, I also picked up Fifa 18 a couple of days ago and it doesn't start either, so you're 2 for 2 on releasing garbage and stealing my money. Luckily Sims 4 still runs like a champ so I don't have a depressed daughter. Can we at least get some kind of sign that you're out there?

Message 23 of 43 (3,082 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am not expecting this to work for anyone, it may very well be a very unique scenario, however, I got the game running, with a web cam, online, with no problems today. I uninstalled the Origin client (leaving all of my current titles installed.) I reinstalled the client and nothing worked. I uninstalled again. I reinstalled with the 'Beta' option enabled and now it's running fine. So, everything will be great until a crazy buggy Origin Launcher is released and then I'll be frustrated again. This is still some of the worst customer support I have ever seen from a company, which shouldn't come as a surprise I guess looking at the track record, but I am hoping this helps somebody at least.

Message 24 of 43 (3,080 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Just tired the beta option, game still won't launch.
Message 25 of 43 (3,048 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I also installed Origin Launcher to a different drive when I reinstalled. I apologize for not including that step earlier, I didn't think of it. I hope you can get it working, because I don't think you're gonna get help from the Devs. Maybe at this point, they could at least refund you. Good luck!
Message 26 of 43 (3,039 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm still waiting for a patch.
Message 27 of 43 (3,002 Views)

@hulkdad

This is a user help user forum, not official EA support.

@CGLingerZ

Please go to your "C:\Origin Games 2\BurnoutPR\Core" folder and look at the "Activation.dll".

How big is it? (KB)

What is the "Date modified"? 

Do you have other games on Origin or just BPR?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 28 of 43 (2,975 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Is there any official EA support for Burnout Paradise Remastered where feedback and info actually gets back to people who can fix things?

Message 29 of 43 (2,946 Views)

@PapagenoX

You can be sure that feedback from this thread is forwarded to the developer,

Still, they can only fix things if they can reproduce the error.

And that is much harder than most people think because of the literally millions of different system configurations out there.

If this is about the username problem, I am pretty sure the developer is already informed, but I don't know when and if a fix will be delivered.

Nevertheless, you can find EA Help here. You also can use the "Origin Error Report" function inside Origin. (Menu top left > Help > Origin Error report.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 30 of 43 (2,934 Views)