Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered won't start.

by CGLingerZ

Original Post

Burnout Paradise Remastered won't start.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

When I try to launch Burnout Paradise, nothing happens. The only sign of activity upon clicking the play button is BurnoutPR.exe briefly appearing on the task manager. I've tried practically everything I could think of short of reinstalling Windows.

Among the things I tried:

- Verify the game files.

- Updated my graphic drivers.

- Removed all of my screen recording software.

- Installed the latest Windows updates.

- Unplugged all USB devices except the keyboard, mouse, and UPS.

- Run as administrator.

- Compatibility mode.

- Shut down everything except Origin.

- Reinstalled Burnout Paradise. (Several times.)

I can't use any of the config.ini stuff because the game LITERALLY crashes before it can create the %appdata/local/Criterion Games/Burnout Paradise Remastered directory or a crash dump.

I've already opened an Origin bug case thing, this is the case ID: 0e634e84a002d28f

I'm also attaching both dxdiag and msinfo files, plus the only crash dump file Burnout Paradise was able to generate. (It's a .dmp file renamed to a .txt file because the forum won't let me use that extension.)

EDIT: Can't seem to attach the .dmp turned .txt file to this post Frown

Message 1 of 43 (27,417 Views)

Community Manager

@CGLingerZ

Check the following link for steps that will potentially help you play BP:R

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Burnout-Games/Burnout-Paradise-Remastered-PC-Crashing-on-initial-loading/m...

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 43 (27,358 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I've looked at the steps, and well...
- Both vcredist files are giving me the "You already have a newer version installed" error.
- I already have Windows patch_KB2670838 installed.
- I did the clean reboot during the Windows update.
- I've added BurnoutPR.exe to the Windows firewall exception list, and it still won't start.
Message 3 of 43 (27,340 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I've duplicated your procedure and I as well can still not get the game to boot.
Message 4 of 43 (27,332 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Just bumping up the thread cause I, along with anyone else having this problem, currently have no fix.
Message 5 of 43 (27,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@CGLingerZ

It is hard to figure something out. We have a lot of information, but none is indicating something specific or useful. That is why you maybe don't get much of an answer - sorry.

Looking up the other thread, third-party software liek a screen capturing or frapping software can avoid that game from starting. if that is true, if such "harmless" software can cause this, it can also be a hell of lot of other software - maybe such a program is installed on your machine. You have to look that up on your own trying to uninstall unnecessary software.

I, for myself, had a lot of trouble with the "Game Experience" software that is included in the Nvidia driver packacke. One of my game wouldn't start with it installed. Because of that I always install the Nvidia driver package custom and especially without that particular program - that is, at least in my eyes, absolutely obsolete anyway.

Some other person wrote that he solved it by using the offline Mode of Origin. Does that change anything for you? Does the game at least start? Try that out.

Also try to unplug every unnecessary device from your PC. Does it change something?

Change your windows resolution for a test. Maybe 1600x900 is not the best resolution for the game to create a first graphics profile.

You can also try out to set your Nvidia drivers to ignore application demands and force the graphic card to take control of certain processes.

You can do it via Nividia system control, administrate 3D-settings, choose application setup (rather than global settings), choose the game EXE and play a little bit with the setting where if one if it has an effect on the startup of the game.

Just some ideas to take another step in finding something that could work.

Good luck Standard smile

Message 6 of 43 (27,291 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I just tried all the stuff you said. I managed to get the BurnoutPR.exe process to last a bit longer in task manager, but still no game.
Message 7 of 43 (27,275 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've changed windows resolution to 1280 × 760, decreased to 60hz. Changed to a 16:9 monitor vs a 21:9. I've disabled almost all advanced functions in the geforce control panel. I've closed all system extensions. Removed all but my mouse, keyboard, and ethernet connection and still got nowhere. The app is in task manager only at around 134MBs. This is frustrating. 

Message 8 of 43 (27,263 Views)

Betreff: Burnout Paradise Remastered won't start.

★★★ Apprentice

Try to Turn off "Origin in-Game"

Message 9 of 43 (27,248 Views)

Betreff: Burnout Paradise Remastered won't start.

★★ Apprentice
I've turned off "Origin in-Game," went to offline mode and just for fun, disconnected the ethernet connection. Apart from sacrificing a goat to the Dark Lord of Racing games, I've pretty much tried it all. I even went so far as to create a new Windows User Account and disabled all security features (Firewall, Malware protection, etc.) Aaaaaand nope. Nothin.
Message 10 of 43 (27,222 Views)