Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Crash in Online Mode

by KyubinNoKitsune

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Sure. 

But, is it worth it having a headache because of this crash? Is there people playing online? If not, It doesn't really botther me playing offline. 

I just wanted to play online to unlock the achievements. 

Thank you.

Message 11 of 17 (864 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you, @KyubinNoKitsune 

It looks like the Burnout Paradise team was aware of this and has some workarounds below that can help. There are indeed some players still playing online, too.

1. Disable the camera on your PC
  2. Make sure \burnoutpr.exe is added as an exception to your Windows Firewall

We've identified a potential fix for this if you are willing to do the following below:

1. Reinstall Visual Studio Redist 2015

2. Apply Windows patch KB2670838

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 17 (860 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't have any camera on my PC.

burnoutpr.exe is already on exception list in my Windows Firewall

I use Windows 10 and patch KB2670838 is for Windows 7, so it's kinda nonsense.

I already reintalled Visual Studio Redist 2015.

As I said before, I already tried everything that's been said in the threads. 

I have to clean install my windows next month, so maybe this should fix something (I hope). 

Thank you anyway.

Message 13 of 17 (857 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@KyubinNoKitsune could you tell me if you are using any non-english characters (for e.g. ł, ą, ć) in your Windows profile name?

Message 14 of 17 (819 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I was using an "Ã" but I already changed to a normal "A". Still crashing when I try to play online. Unless I have to reinstall the game again or change something in regedit (?) (just wondering, cuz the first version of the game run just fine, even in online mode).  

Message 15 of 17 (814 Views)

Community Manager

@KyubinNoKitsune 

Were you eventually able to find a solution that you can share with us so others might find it useful when searching?

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 16 of 17 (709 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, I can now play online after reinstaling my Windows 10 and Burnout Paradise Rematered. I don't really know how to fix the problem. Sorry :/ 

Message 17 of 17 (3,426 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help