Burnout Paradise Remastered crashes during startup (2020)

by 2h9m

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise Remastered crashes during startup (2020)

★ Novice

I bought the game for PC through Origin and It is simply unplayable. When I start it up I have maybe 1 to 5 minutes while it loads before the screen freezes. I still hear things and I can hear that when I click a button things happen, I just cant see them. I tried waiting once but after 10 minutes I had to force close it again. In task manager it does not say its 'not responding'. I have tried going into the game files and changing the resolution to 720p, also turned down some graphics settings (shadows, etc), I tried playing it while origin was in offline mode. I downloaded a saved world where all the introduction video was skipped and Indeed when I loaded in I could pick a car and I got like 30 seconds of driving before it froze again. I have tried everything I have found online because it seems like many other people have this problem. This literally makes the game unplayable and I don't understand why there isn't a fix when so many people have this problem.

If anyone knows what I can do to help that would be greatly appriciated

thanks

Message 1 of 7 (2,551 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered crashes during startup (2020)

★★★★ Guide

"GPU: NVIDA GeForce GTX 950" is the same card I had in a Vista machine and it played but needed some help. Keep in mind I'm referring to the original version with Vanity Pack, this was 4 years ago. Make sure the drivers are up to date, you have to go to the web site and get them yourself. Do a web search for Game Booster 3, it's free, and adjust your computers systems properties for best performance. Unplug the webcam. These adjustments should work with Remastered as well.

Even though your laptops processor is the newer version i5 it still does not make minimum speed requirement of 3.3 GHz and that matters.

Computer rule of thumb: A desktop has twice the power at half the cost, a laptop has half the power at twice the cost! 

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (2,421 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

THIS IS COMPLETE BS...I EVEN REINSTALLED WINDOWS AND STILL CANT PLAY IT..............

Message 2 of 7 (2,503 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What are your computer specs? This totally sounds like a hardware issue, not software... Just to clarify better, this game doesn't play with some particular GPU drivers.

Message 3 of 7 (2,479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello! thank you for seeing this. I apologize I am not very tech savvy so I'm not sure what any of this does, but this is what I found:

ASUS: LAPTOP-UR95UQ2J

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.5GHz 2.71 GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)

Device ID: 7BDFBDBD-E3C3-4C91-A35B-7B173F05DFD3

Product ID: 00325-95800-00000-AAOEM

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Edit:

actually I just realized, if its the GPU that's the problem, we have an ACER desktop PC that has a better graphics card than my own. Would I be able to play on this?

GPU: NVIDA GeForce GTX 950

Message 4 of 7 (2,471 Views)

★★★★ Guide

"GPU: NVIDA GeForce GTX 950" is the same card I had in a Vista machine and it played but needed some help. Keep in mind I'm referring to the original version with Vanity Pack, this was 4 years ago. Make sure the drivers are up to date, you have to go to the web site and get them yourself. Do a web search for Game Booster 3, it's free, and adjust your computers systems properties for best performance. Unplug the webcam. These adjustments should work with Remastered as well.

Even though your laptops processor is the newer version i5 it still does not make minimum speed requirement of 3.3 GHz and that matters.

Computer rule of thumb: A desktop has twice the power at half the cost, a laptop has half the power at twice the cost! 

Message 5 of 7 (2,422 Views)

★ Novice

Unfortunately getting the game boost and updating drivers still did let the game work for my laptop. However I put it on the desktop and it worked perfectly! Thank you very much. I would not have thought to try a different computer had you not mentioned that it could be my graphics card.

Message 6 of 7 (2,395 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Your welcome, I'm glad it worked out for you. Now, to get the rest issues solved......

Message 7 of 7 (2,381 Views)