Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered connection crash

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Burnout Paradise Remastered connection crash

★ Novice

Hi All
I just bought Burnout Paradise Remastared on my laptop and it starts normally but at connecting to paradise server it freezes and crashing. I tried repair and reinstall.
Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 6 (1,182 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @md951203 

I know this is a tad late and hopefully you have been able to launch the game without any issues by now, but if you still need help please let us know what steps you've tried so far to fix this and attach a DxDiag so we can look at your system specs.

For laptops, one of the most common issues is the laptop is launching the game from the integrated graphics card instead of the AMD/Nvidia GPU that is better suited for gaming. There's a variety of things that could cause this and variety of solutions so knowing what specifications we're dealing with first can help narrow it down.

How to Attach a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,124 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the reply.
I checked it and really, the game started from the integrated card, so i added it manually to the gtx1050. Sadly it still crashes, so I ran a DxDiag. The txt is in attachment.
Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 6 (1,099 Views)

★ Novice

I tried again the game.. why not? And it worked :D. I hope it keeps running.

Message 4 of 6 (1,093 Views)

Community Manager

@md951203 

Do you remember doing anything new to your PC in between when it didn't work and now? Any new updates installed to your PC?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 6 (1,046 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello there!

I installed the game one month ago and played it until yesterday without any problem.

Today, I launched the game as usual and it crashed after the first loading and before the first menu, probably when it tries to connect iself to a server.

I tried to :

1. repair the game files
  2. reinstall the 2015 VC Redist (both x86 and x64, and it failed saying my VC Redsit version is up to date)
  3. update my GPU drivers
  4. reboot my PC

The game was already crashing.

So, I disconnected my network, passed Origin in offline mode and launched it again and it worked.

Then, while in-game, I reconnected my network, nothing happened and I already was able to continue playing.

I fired the game menu to quit the game, the game crashed.

I tried to launch the game again just to check if the initial problem was already present, and it was.
The only change that occurred the day before the day of the first crash, to my knowledge, is that I had just unlocked the Jansen Carbon X12.

Is there a fix please?

I attached my DxDiag log file if it can help you.

Message 6 of 6 (578 Views)