Burnout Paradise Remastered PC surround sound

by JZStudiosonline

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Burnout Paradise Remastered PC surround sound

★ Novice

Seems like in the original game there was a config tool to apply 5.1, but I don't seem to be able to get the remaster on PC to be anything other than stereo, not that there's any options to change other than volume...

There any way to enable surround sound?

Message 1 of 5 (2,275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC surround sound

★★★★ Novice

The is no way to enable it in-game as they decided to remove the option, along with several others. However, you can still use surround sound with a config file edit. Go to the following location:
%localappdata%\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise Remastered

This can be typed into a run prompt (win+r) or into File Explorer's address bar.

Open the file called config.ini. In this file, there should be a [Sound] section. Under this, insert the following on a new line:
SpeakerSetup=1

Save the file. You should now have surround sound. To disable it again, you can either change 1 to 0 or remove the line entirely.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,164 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I agree; I have the same problem/situation here.

I sincerely hope they did not remove the option for surround sound.

ROBsLab Cool.

Message 2 of 5 (2,177 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The is no way to enable it in-game as they decided to remove the option, along with several others. However, you can still use surround sound with a config file edit. Go to the following location:
%localappdata%\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise Remastered

This can be typed into a run prompt (win+r) or into File Explorer's address bar.

Open the file called config.ini. In this file, there should be a [Sound] section. Under this, insert the following on a new line:
SpeakerSetup=1

Save the file. You should now have surround sound. To disable it again, you can either change 1 to 0 or remove the line entirely.

Message 3 of 5 (2,165 Views)

★ Novice

Excellent! That works and thank you for your help. Standard smile

I did not realise it would be that simple. I did look for a config file but I was looking in the wrong area and did not even think to check the folder you mentioned.

ROBsLab Cool.

Message 4 of 5 (2,144 Views)

★ Novice
Sweet baby Jesus... I didn't even realize anyone responded to this and just checked it on a whim.
Holy *, the sound is SO much better in surround. The LFE kicks more and it just feels like there's way more presence. You've made my jimmies quite happy.
Message 5 of 5 (1,814 Views)