Burnout Paradise Remastered PC freezes every time

by Kuba66A

Original Post

Burnout Paradise Remastered PC freezes every time

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

very strange issue has been happening to me for the last few days.

Every time I run "Burnout Paradise Remastered" on my PC, after some time it's starting to freeze for a few seconds and eventually it completely freezes my PC and the strange sounds of beeping resembling Morse code appear.

What's the most suprising, this problem has appeared recently, I haven't noticed it earlier.

I've installed some software to check a temperature of my cpu (these sounds might be a warning of overheating) but it was only 57 degrees Celsius, so it's rather cool for a cpu. My graphics card is also "cold".

I think it is a problem of a game, beacause other games (a lot more demanding than Burnout) were working with no such a problem appearing.

Do you guys have any solutions of this problem?

Message 1 of 4 (2,171 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC freezes every time

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Kuba66A

There are a lot of different beeps that can occur, so it is hard to tell only by your description what kind it is. Is it poosible to record and upload for us (you probably can't attach it toyour post, but you can upload it in a cloud and post the link) ?

I mean, there is a beeping that gives you hints that it is an overflow in keyboard or mouse buffer, but it can also be a beeping that is more like a feedback of stuttering sound, or a beeping that is made due to an overload of the motherboard (in combination with a too weak PSU). Power consumption can vary from game to game. Even "more demanding" games can use les power because they use the given hardware more efficiently.

You already checked temperature. That is a good thing. CPU, GPU and motherboard temperature can cause stuttering - even memory can get too hot, especially when it are a full bank configuration (4x or 6x slots that are close together and dual ranked it is likely that they overheat each other). But that heat problem should occur on other games as well, though it can have other effects on the game itself.

So I don't think we have to look deeper in the temperature thing.

I, for myself, think that a software is interferring with the game. Just a question: does the whole system freezes/stutters or just the game? If you put the game on windowed mode, how is the mouse reaction. Usually Windows uses a hardwae mouse renderer, if the mouse begins to stutter as well, the freeze is affecting the whole system. That would ne bad.

Does other application beginn to freeze and stutter as well? What is the CPU and GPU performance indicating of the Windows Task Manager (just let it run i nthe background while you play and it records the last 2 minutes. That should be sufficient).

What antivirus software do you use. There is a know bug with Norton that can let the game freeze. Deactive all security software just for a test.

You can also test out a clean boot of Window: https://help.ea.com/de/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

and see if it still happens. If not we can be sure it is a software problem.

Please test this out and write me the results. Every hint can help to figure it out.

Please also upload a DXDiag file so that we have a summary of your system configuration:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/m-p/4832663/highlight/t...

Thanks - good luck Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (2,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Kelrycor

Replying to your questions: the whole system freezes with the game. When I press then ctrl alt del (this is the only way to get out of Burnout to desktop) I can't press anything and the mouse cursor is behaving like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPslJyHrPJI. The identical sounds appear.

My antivirus software is ESET Internet Security. I don't think it's a cause of that problem.

I came across a post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/49uq1o/windows_10_mouse_lagbeeping_bug/. I also use xbox one controller and recently I have problems with my bluetooth adapter, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. I'm going to play on keyboard, and if this problem doesn't exist anymore, that will be a sign, that this is my controller fault (or this adapter).

I attach dxdiag, as you wanted.

Thank you for your reply Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (2,111 Views)

Message 4 of 4 (2,068 Views)