Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by Froggy19

Original Post

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_DavidFix your game.
We wont disable our devices to play a game. Also I use my capture card to capture games.

And honestly - this is such a stupid reason for a game not to work..

A fix would be so simple. Make it possible to disable webcam usage by the game. At least make it possible to choose device. Who in the world programmed this game, that these devs think that DirectShow devices are exclusively webcams? Thats so embarassing bad...

Apparently you all dont care to even fix that.

Message 341 of 446 (1,907 Views)

★★ Novice

i reinstalled windows.....still doing that bs.....they need to fix it nowwwwwwwwww

Message 342 of 446 (1,622 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am just curious...

Do you have ANY capture hardware/software at ALL (other than what might be pre-loaded into Windows)?

If you do, have you tried uninstalling/disconnecting all of it as a test, just to see if the game will start and run?

Just curious...

I don't have any video capture hardware/software installed and mine runs perfectly every time and I am able to play online with friends.

Let us know, hope you get it working...

Message 343 of 446 (1,613 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Has anyone found any solutions for those that can't even START the game yet?

Message 344 of 446 (1,457 Views)

★★ Novice

Exact same process happening for me.

Message 345 of 446 (1,449 Views)

★★ Novice

Another user who can't get the game going (Windows 10). EA are you actively working on an update solution to this issue? I have not seen this problem with any other game on my PC, including those launching from Origin.  When I'm in online mode, it crashes at the point when the game attempts to connect online. In offline mode, it crashes after the "Enter Paradise" intro video - right when a 'DMV' logo appears.

Message 346 of 446 (1,431 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If your problem arises from your Windows User ID having a "special character" in it like it did with mine (namely an é from my first name), there's a community patch out there which you can find out about on the game's subreddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Burnout/ ) that fixes that issue at least.  I don't think EA is ever planning to devote resources to bugfix this thing.

Message 347 of 446 (1,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me...

Message 348 of 446 (1,372 Views)

★ Novice

Okay I spent days trying to fix this issue, when I ran a DxDiag, I noticed under display devices it was showing my internal card instead of my NVIDIA. My fix was to open NVIDIA control pannel, manage 3D settings, chose program settings tab, chose the program (in this case burnout) then underneath in the drop down menu chose you preferred graphics card, apply and then when loading the game it should stop the crash! Hope this helps

Message 349 of 446 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this was my problem too

Message 350 of 446 (1,197 Views)