Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by Froggy19

Original Post

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

★★★★ Novice

@masvil2 wrote:

Mine is crashing at servers loading. It doesn't if Origin is offline.
DxDiag.txt attached to get support.
I already tried to install/repair the two vcredist files from game install location, no success.

Fixed myself uninstalling some screen recordind tool(s) (Windows 10)

Message 291 of 295 (249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I sure wish they'd patch the game to fix my issue that causes the same CTD when connecting to server: namely the fact that my Windows User ID has an "é" in it. You'd think that in this day and age the devs of the remaster (or of the handshake that happens when connecting to server) would have thought that users could have extended ASCII characters in their user IDs. :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous to expect a player to make a second Windows ID and have to switch to it if one wants to play the game as intended. The game is fine, but the other 98% of my games don't require that annoying extra step, so which do you think I'm going to play? Not that EA cares now that it's got its money...

Message 292 of 295 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

My game crashed when I was connect to Origin (online). If I went offline on Origin, everything were fine. I managed to fix it by creating a new account on windows 10 without non ascii characters, in my case the problem was a É (tilde). One thing I want my mention here is that it doesn't work if you just change your windows 10 account name, I have tried it and the old name is always there in the background and the game takes it. You have to try with a different windows account without any special characters in its name.

Now I am playing online without any problems, the game works perfect. Developers of the game could fix this big annoying bug though.

Message 293 of 295 (212 Views)

Crashing after "Connection to Burnout Paradise servers"(Windows 7)

★★★★ Novice

Hey, IDK why, but in Windows 7 x64 Home Premium game is always crashing after message "Connection to Burnout Paradise servers". I tried everything: installed latest DirectX libraries, validated game data by Origin repair function, and i also have all of available updates of my OS right now. Other games works pretty well, but here i have a problem. Hope you can help me with this.

Message 294 of 295 (164 Views)

Re: Crashing after "Connection to Burnout Paradise servers"(Windows 7)

Community Manager

@Expensev1 

Moved your post over here since it's related. Does the solution in this link to the first page fix it for you? There are some recent solutions commented right above you, such as creating a Windows user profile without any special characters (perhaps that applies to you too). It might be a random program running in the background causing it to crash, so running a clean boot and then immediately launching the game can help narrow down what is causing it to crash.

Clean Boot

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 295 of 295 (147 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help