Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by Froggy19

Original Post

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

@kIimau

Sorry to hear that. Frown

For the others I tagged, try regardless, as said, the same problem can have different triggers.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 161 of 446 (23,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Guys, I managed this problem on my side by uninstall third-party screen-capture program, in my case it is "Allavsoft Video Downloader Converter", if u have some "strange" third-party program like it, try uninstall it!

**Admin. Edit**

Uninstalling the following is also being reported as helping:

• Biggerasoft
  • DXtory (multiple people)

**Admin. Edit 2**

• Use a Windows User Account with no special characters - LINK

**Admin. Edit 3**

• Install or Repair the vc_redist files and the DXSETUP from your game install location
  • Download and apply Windows patch KB2670838

Message 162 of 446 (103,376 Views)

★★ Novice

i had biggerasoft installed, removed it and ran CCleaner, seems to have fixed it

Message 163 of 446 (23,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

While we continue to look into nailing down the specific cause(s) if this I just want to post the steps that seem to be helpful up until now:

• Right click and run both of the vcredist files from your game install location as an Administrator
  • Apply Windows patch_KB2670838
  • Perform clean boot before starting the game: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
  • Add BurnoutPR.exe to the exceptions list of your firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

Another potentially usable step, thanks @kevin8082 - "today if I open the game at 720p I'm able to open the game in online mode, the crash is from having the game at my normal resolution."

***Addition: Remove potentially interfering USB devices

barry.png
Message 164 of 446 (22,898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I did all of these steps, still the same for me. Also tried going offline, setting to 720p, lowering graphics, disconnecting every USB device, still no luck.

Don't know about you guys, but I can't even see the developer logo when loading the game. The first image is the Burnout Paradise logo and loading screen, only after that (when the EA logo should appear) I get an error message with a black screen, that "Burnout Paradise Remastered Application has stopped working".

Attaching DxDiag, hope it helps.

Hope someone finds a fix for this soon!

Message 165 of 446 (22,846 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Found the solution for my setup. Uninstalling Dxtory completely solved my issues, apparently it spoofs a webcam causing the crashes at the DMV screen. I can play online at max settings without a problem now. I had Dxtory closed when trying to troubleshoot the game the past few days, but didn't think uninstalling it would make a difference.

Message 166 of 446 (22,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

When I tried to run those vcredist files as administrator from the Origin_Games\BurnoutPR\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist subdirectory, as Administrator, in both cases I got this error message: Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed. (see log files attached)

When I look at what I have installed in my Windows 10 Programs and Features control panel, I have every version of MS Visual C++ etc. installed EXCEPT for the ones marked 2015. I have (as I mentioned upthread) ones for 2017, 13,12, 10, 08, and 05. The 2017 ones (x86 and x64 versions) are both dated from July 25 this year (07/25/18).

How do I check in Windows 10 if I've got KB2670838 installed?  In Windows 7 it was perfectly clear because it showed a list with the numbers and everything, but in Windows 10 they dumbed it down so you can't see that, ugh.

Hmm, although from what I'm seeing online it appears that Windows update is for Windows 7?

Could my TrackIR 5 camera be an "interfering USB device" even if I don't have it turned on?

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 167 of 446 (22,536 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I had luck with clock blocker, probably wont work for many as i think my issue might be driver related but worth a shot... really straightforward to install and just have to right click the little icon>quick actions>block
Message 168 of 446 (22,496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@holger1405

Thank you for the suggestions.

I already had all of the xbox and gamebar stuff disabled. In fact I also disable almost everything in Settings-Privacy.

I haven't used third party tools to mess with the registry though.

I'm also already using a local admin account, I never sign in to the MS account unless I'm playing Forza and I always sign back out again.

I've run sfc /scannow and it found no system integrity violations.

I use a hardened browser, windows defender and a vpn. No active third party AV.

The orginal version of this game runs just fine, as does every other of the hundreds of games I own, so this is a bit of a mystery.

Can I ask what you saw in my log files that caught your eye?

Message 169 of 446 (22,468 Views)

★★ Novice

Many thanks! Uninstalling Dxtory was the key! :D

Message 170 of 446 (22,466 Views)