Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by Froggy19

Original Post

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

For me administrator rights don't help, crash when connecting to servers.

Message 271 of 446 (3,210 Views)

@mgg1959

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 272 of 446 (3,169 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having a very similar issue, but instead it’s on the cutscene as soon as you exit the menu to play the game

Message 273 of 446 (3,159 Views)

@CallMeYourPapi

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the "BurnoutPR.exe", copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 274 of 446 (3,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't seen here the solution what worked for me, so I'll tell you how I figured it out.

I had an almost instant crash on the first loading screen. -> Solution: You need to have a Windows account that only contains English letters (e.g.: é,á,ő will crash your game), just create a new one, changing the name is complicated.

Then after the first loadings, I had around 1-5 FPS, even in-game. -> Solution: Origin's download/network rate (or idk) has a default limit for some reason (at least mine had), you can watch a video (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osaBtGbLgY) how to fix that, it also improved my download rate with Origin (~300kB to 1.3MB, that's what I usually get).

Hope this helps!

Message 275 of 446 (3,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

im having the same problem for some reason...

Message 276 of 446 (3,026 Views)

★★★ Novice

One thing to keep in mind for Office PC/Low Spec users.

Using integrated GPUs (Intel iGPU / AMD APU ) will be difficult because of RAM limitations.

High textures require 1600MB (1.6GB) of Video memory. Or in this case System RAM.

A lot of integrated solutions do not address nor scale with the demand.

It crashes after a couple seconds in game.

Make sure you have at least 2GB of FREE Memory

Or just use a cheap dedicated GPU (GT730 2GB DDR3 720p / GT750 2GB GDDR5 1080p)

Setting visuals down helps of course. But why would one buy a remaster in the first place ?

Message 277 of 446 (3,002 Views)

★ Apprentice
So you can see the low graphics in 4k.
Message 278 of 446 (2,980 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hi its my first time on Origin and where can i found those third party screen capture programs plz ?
Message 279 of 446 (2,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It’s not 3rd party software causing the issue most likely. BURNOUT PR has issues with NVIDIA cards conflicting with the default Intel instructions.

To fix this, without uninstalling anything:

In Windows 10:

Right Click, and select “Run with Graphics Processor” > “Set default graphics processor.”

(you can also just fire up the NVIDIA Control Pannel... NOT GeForce Experience)

this opens up the NVIDIA Control Pannel if youre unning an NVIDIA CHIPSET in your graphics card. For an AMD card go into the AMD  setup program and do the same things below:

in NVIDIA Control Panel:

in the bar on the left Choose “Manage 3D settings”

in the big panel on the right choose the “Program Settings” tab. 

Next to the dropdown menu in Option 1 “Select a program to customize” you’re gonna have to add Burnout PR. I had to click the Add button to the right bc it wasn’t in the menu. In the pop up menu you can scroll but the icons appear in no particular order, so I used the Browse button at the bottom to find the actual .exe file in the folder you installed Burnout PR in.

select it and click “Add Selected Program”

back at the main screen go to option 2, and change it from intel or whatever tomfoolery the game has as its default, and change it to “High End Performance NVIDIA Processor.”

close out and launch the game.

if that doesn’t work, right click the icon, select “Run with graphics processor” > “High Performance NVIDIA processor” and it will work

Message 280 of 446 (2,486 Views)