Betreff: (PC) Burnout Paradise Remastered Crashing During DMV Screen

by holger1405

Original Post

@ayahanda 

What was repaired with SFC was, as far as I can say, unrelated to your error.

Because I can't make out a specific reason for this crash, considering that all other games run, there is only standard troubleshooting left.

Look if there is a new version of you network driver. > If yes, install > Reboot > Test.

Then:

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time
  • Into the new window, type or copy & paste:  "%temp%"   (Without the quotes.) > hit "ENTER"
  • Now your Windows Explorer should have brought you to the "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in it.
    (If some files or folders can't be deleted, reboot and try again.)
  • Do the same with the "C:\Windows\Temp" folder.

Clear your Origin cache.
All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Delete the "BurnoutPR" folder in the "LocalContent" folder.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC > Test.

Then, look at this guide. to preform a clean uninstall of Origin. (All games remain installed)

• Scroll down to "How to uninstall the Origin client the hard way"
  • Follow the instructions to the letter. (The instruktions
  • reboot.
  • Download this version of the "OriginSetup.exe"
  • Run the installer as Administrator (Right click the "OriginSetup.exe" > Run as an Administrator) > Test.

If that still not helps:

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Go here and download the "Revo Uninstaller". (The freeware version, Portable version works too.)
  • Run "Revo Uninstaller" > Uninstall BPR.
  • At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Moderate" > Browse.
  • If "Remaining registration content found" is displayed > Select All > Delete > Next
  • When "Remaining Data and Folders" is displayed > Select All (Make sure the "Origin Games" folder is not in the list) > Delete.
  • Restart the PC > Run Origin as Administrator > Reinstall the game from a fresh download >Test.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 321 of 446 (3,211 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@holger1405 Tried all of them. Nothing changes. Still crashes.

Message 322 of 446 (3,184 Views)

@ayahanda 

You don't have any special character in your current Windows accounts password or username?
It will not work if that is the case.

Restart your router. (Pull the power plug > wait 5 minutes > return the power plug.)
Disable your anti virus software and your Windows firewall (for testing propose only) > Test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 323 of 446 (3,170 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I finally solved it.

Updating the motherboard BIOS to the latest version finally stopped the crashes.

Those who had their game crashing when going online can try updating the bios (not exactly easy if you had an old cheap motherboard where the official MB website is dead and the installation instruction is extremely unclear. Im surprised that I managed to flash the BIOS without bricking the PC Disappointed)

protip: Dont buy Foxconn motherboards lmao

Message 324 of 446 (3,170 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ayahanda I have a brand new Z390 Aorus Ultra Motherboard.
The game crashes.
It is broken. So broken that you also cant play it if you have a capture card, because such a big company apparently didnt notice that there exists other DirectShow Devices than webcams.
Message 325 of 446 (3,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You must go to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise Remastered" and open "config.ini" file.

Then, search [Display], in "Width" and "Height" put your actual size screen (in my case 1366x768),"VSYNC" in 0.

Next are [Settings], put all in 0, except "SSAO", "NumMonitors" and "CarMonitor". Save and close.

Finally, open the game, if crashes, wait a while (like 2 mins.) and Run the game as Administrator.

Message 326 of 446 (3,015 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

★ Novice

I can´t believe it, that worked for me aswell!!!
Thank you very much!!!

Message 327 of 446 (2,773 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

★★★ Newbie

I tried so many of the solutions in this thread but I only got this working because of a post I saw on Reddit by u/decross20:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9abcz1/burnout_paradise_remastered_is_broken_on_pc/

"I don’t know if this is the case for others, but for me I found that the reason Burnout wasn’t working was because the game was using my integrated GPU instead of my primary one. When I went into the Nvidia control panel and set the GPU to the main one, the game stopped crashing."

I had to add the game to my Nvidia Control Panel. Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Add Burnout > 2. Select Nvidia processor.

I'm really glad I found his post because EA was not allowing me to get a refund for this even though I met all of the qualifications. And I do love me some Burnout Paradise. Still, EA needs to get its crap together.

Message 328 of 446 (2,394 Views)

★★ Novice

Is the game still not working AFTER A YEAR when user has some special characters in their Windows account name?

Message 329 of 446 (2,254 Views)

★★ Novice

The resolution to the issue is to remove all capture devices and software. I disabled my HD60 Pro and it resolved my issue.

If that doesn't work then make sure the graphics processor is the dedicated GPU.

Message 330 of 446 (2,232 Views)