Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by lucadp89

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@csaba951
YES!
CONFIRMED!
I also uninstalled Dxtory and game is no longer crashing.
Thank you!
Message 171 of 446 (2,808 Views)

★★ Apprentice

dzzdskl dsljkfjsd Confused
holy hell you have GOT to be kidding me. 
@Hoopyy you legend!
It was Dxtory. 

My situation was different to yours (game just crashed on load screen). 
read up tonight and decided "lol i have this installed, but i doubt it'll change anything if I remove it" ... it changed everything. 

Also happy to report that the performance is about the same as the original. 4K high settings (FXAA) on a R9 380. 

Hopefully this helps most of you guys ( i see it has for some others already) 

Message 172 of 446 (2,779 Views)

★ Apprentice
I don't even have the app installed and the game still will not work unfortunately.
Message 173 of 446 (2,759 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have finnaly solved this problem unistalling Allavsoft Video Downloader Converter as suggested by another user. I think the problem is related to any video capture functionality which also have software like DxTory and Fraps

Message 174 of 446 (2,719 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Hoopyy wrote:

Found the solution for my setup. Uninstalling Dxtory completely solved my issues, apparently it spoofs a webcam causing the crashes at the DMV screen. I can play online at max settings without a problem now. I had Dxtory closed when trying to troubleshoot the game the past few days, but didn't think uninstalling it would make a difference.

Thank you so much.Even if Origin is the online mode, the game works fine.
Finally,I can play it.

Message 175 of 446 (2,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well this doesn't make any sense to be honest but as pointed out by @MADrag0n unninstalling the Allavsoft downloader worked and somehow was interfering with the game.

I don't get it but it probably was like that the software and the game was accessing at the same time the vc2015/17 .dll and somehow that was crashing the game because one of the sides didn't know what to do about the other, weird as hell since I never had that problem before but in my case it worked and I guess I could reinstall that software after grabbing all cars, finishing the full game, since when launching in 720p I already got to the credits, that's new for me lol

EDIT: also could one of the forum moderators start to pile up the softwares that causes conflicts with the game(or vice versa) from the players reports? could help to have something in the end marked as solved with everything in it so people could check or a new locked post with those solutions in the forum for this game. Shame that it will be try and error to find out what the problem is for each person, I still think that this could have some fault on the dev side since the original never had this weird problem.

Message 176 of 446 (2,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

also I'm happy that you found an answer for your side of the problem @Hoopyy :P

Message 177 of 446 (2,691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well, I haven't even heard of Dxtory, or Allavsoft Video Downloader Converter. I don't have any of those programs, yet I still crash on the loading screen.

I tried uninstalling VLC, GeForce Experience (and ShadowPlay with it), and many other programs that I don't really know about.

Still crashing... What else should I look for?

Message 178 of 446 (2,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ENDYBOSS Try make some dump file and give it to me.

Tell Windows to automatically collect a crash dumps and store it in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" by running the following commands in an administrator command prompt :

reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\BurnoutPR.exe" /v DumpType /d 1 /t REG_DWORD

Use ur application as usually to reproduce the crash, once crash occurs let all Windows crash dialogs finish processing.
Go to "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" and locate the latest dump file. Once you have the dump file you can rar it and attach it to ur next post, or upload it to some file-hosting cloud/server and give us a link.

You can run the following command to revert back dump collection to its original state:

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\BurnoutPR.exe" /f

(You can read more about Windows user-mode dump collection here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps )

Message 179 of 446 (2,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@MADrag0n

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me!

Did everything you said, attaching crash dump.

Message 180 of 446 (2,557 Views)