Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by mannduro

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Just to confirm the outcome, I did go back and uninstall all Visual C++ packages and reinstalled, rebooted, started in Online mode and it crashed. So I repeated the process, started in Offline mode and the same crash. So for me at least, the Online/Offline solution appears to have no bearing. I've also noticed that it always boots with 132 MB of Ram utilization, regardless of network mode. Also, I did look for a Crash Dump file and while I have them for just a couple other applications, there is nothing for Burnout Paradise. It's almost like it never gets past creating the icon in Task Manager. I'm hoping some of this info helps.

Message 141 of 446 (1,614 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_AndyUninstalled all VC redists I had (2005-2017) and only installed the 32bit 2015 redist. Ran Origin as admin, launched Burnout through offline mode and I'm still getting the same crash at the DMV screen. Surely its safe to assume at this point that it is not a problem with the redists?

Message 142 of 446 (1,563 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me after trying those steps.

We're going to continue looking into this to try and narrow down what the issue might be.

- Andy -

Message 143 of 446 (1,548 Views)

★ Novice
Hello everyone. Sry for my bad english. xD

I had the same Problems and I try something. And It works for me now:

1. Changed to "High-performance NVIDIA processor"
2. Aply both "Burnout Paradise Remastered Application" in Firewall as Official- and Home- Network
3. Repair Burnout in Origin
4. Restart PC
5. Start Burnout Paradise in Windows Mode (Alt + Enter) (I dont no why, but I become a Warning from Origin, because i am in a compatibility mode)

I hope it will works now. Standard smile
Message 144 of 446 (1,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

as far as i understand it has, at least in most cases, to do with Memory issues.

can this game even allocate enough to not bottleneck itself ?

is this running in 64bit or 32bit ?

turning down texture quality helps most of us.

Message 145 of 446 (1,516 Views)

★ Apprentice
I attempted to follow your solution as best as I could but the game still refuses to start up at all, it would pop up in my task manager allocating around 130 MBs of RAM before suddenly closing itself.
Message 146 of 446 (1,496 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Andy

Andy is there anything else we can do to help? Would logs from inspection software like Process Monitor and Wireshark help?

Message 147 of 446 (1,412 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I have around 15 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ [year] Redistributable installed. 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2017 versions (no 2015 version though). Are you saying it's OK to uninstall all of them?
Message 148 of 446 (1,653 Views)

★ Apprentice
You may not want to do that, I tried that and it still didn't work.
Message 149 of 446 (1,613 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I was helped by renaming the user folder to English, if you do not understand how to rename it, then create a new profile in English
Message 150 of 446 (1,562 Views)