by droobey

Original Post

Re: cant start the game for the first time

★★ Apprentice
Hello? I still can't play.
Message 91 of 446 (6,312 Views)

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

★★★ Newbie

For me the game was crashing at the first loading screen, even in Offline Mode, no matter how much I fiddled with the config file. What did the trick was unplugging theUSB receiver for my airmouse, as suggested in another thread.

Message 92 of 446 (6,751 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@kevin8082Yeah, I've tried with both those settings and default settings, at 120hz and 60hz, vsync on and off. Still crashing at DMV

Message 93 of 446 (6,747 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this problem!

For me change the resolution via config.ini to 1280x720 in AppData\Local\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise Remastered let me pass the initial loading screen.

Then i can change the resolution in the game options.

I have to do this everytime i have to start the game otherwise with my resolution settings (2560x1080) it crash.

going offline or online makes no difference

Hope it helps

Message 94 of 446 (6,672 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am crashing immediately. As another user stated, it appears in Task Manager for about 3 seconds and then disappears. I have tried all of the aforementioned trouble shooting steps, however, the AppData directory for the game never appears. The config.ini file is nowhere to be found.

Message 95 of 446 (6,659 Views)

★★ Apprentice
This is the exact same thing I'm dealing with.
Message 96 of 446 (6,710 Views)

★ Apprentice
Having that exact same issue too, it really doesn't help that the directory nor files exist at all either.
Also, nice to see that this issue has been going on for days but still refrain from releasing a patch to fix this fatal problem.
And it really doesn't help that the devs had months before releasing the PC version and yet it's still like this instead.
Message 97 of 446 (6,679 Views)

★★ Apprentice
They took longer, didn't test at all for this to happen and put a protection named Denuvo which can lock you out of the game if their servers(not EA servers, Denuvo servers) are offline, just why?
Message 98 of 446 (6,668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes, in my case setting it to offline mode made it so I can play the game, but it's hardly a solution long term.  I hope this is going to get (or has been) fixed. It's truly ridiculous that this wasn't caught in beta testing. My PC is not some exotic build. An i7 6700, 16 GB RAM, a GTX 1080 on a Z170-A motherboard. Rock. Solid. Other Origin games play fine.

Message 99 of 446 (6,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Got it. Turns out, for me, I installed a bit of software that let me use my Kinect as a webcam. Never worked, think my Kinect to windows adapters broke, but as the DLL was registered with .NET Framework 4 BurnoutPR tried to load that and the software along with it. With no kinect, or just that odd extra bit, it just crashed. Unregistered the DLL, works fine online an off.

With the fresh windows install I started to install common things as that would take less time than uninstalling lots from my normal install.

Heres a small list of things that don't seem to cause an issue. Note that they all have overlays.

NVIDIA GeForce Experience

Steam (though as it doesn't launch through this there is no overlay)

Discord (overlay doesn't seem to function, think I forgot to turn it on in the games list)

Message 100 of 446 (6,624 Views)