Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by kevin8082

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@PapagenoX@Froggy19@techuman@Silvervulff@CGLingerZ

Can anyone seeing a crash issue when the game gets to 'connecting to server' please set Origin to Offline mode and let us know if you can then play please?

Origin menu -> Go Offline -> try playing -> reply here with your results

Thank you.

Yes, I can play with no problem. But You should know that already as I write it before. What You propose  in this matter?

Message 81 of 446 (15,854 Views)

★★ Apprentice
not all the workarounds work for everyone and theres still people who cant play the game, you arent the only person in this discussion.........
Message 82 of 446 (15,836 Views)

★★★ Novice

I bought the game.

Started it with a dual core G32** something and intel HD4400.

Get passed the Intro and License scene. set resolution and texture to a lower option.

saved the game.

started it with my NUC i3-7100U (16GB RAM)

playing it at 1600x900, texture quality at medium flawlessly.

Setting the texture to HIGH will crash second after start.

as far as i can see the game has one heck of a Memory issue. or it just cant use more than it needs and vrsches.

The default setting set at high on everything. which is a bad idea to start with

Message 83 of 446 (15,814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

EDIT 1: ok I found a problem, when you put your normal monitor resolution and try to open the ESC menu the game instantly crashes, restarted the game to see if it worked and I was able to choose a car and everything but the moment I tried to open the ESC menu it crashed, had to put it back to 720p for it to not crash.

EDIT 2: tested the game on 1080p, same thing happens, when you change the resolution and play the game without restarting the ESC menu seems to be working fine but if you change the resolution to anything above 720p it simply crashes when you try to open the ESC menu, you could open the game, change the resolution while you play and before you close the game put it back to 720p so you can open the ESC menu and change the resolution again when you play the next time without having to edit the config.ini file again.

EDIT 3: also now I'm not sure if you really need to do the changes on the settings other than changing the resolution, if someone would test that would help a lot, less stuff to do and same result if it works.

EDIT 4: Changed the whole workaround, deleted my profile/save and I just had to put the resolution on 720p and it works like a charm, if you change the resolution while the game is still open it runs on your monitor normal resolution but if you close the game the ESC menu won't work anymore until you put it to 720p again and repeat the proccess.

EDIT 5: Added an additional step that might help

EDIT 6: also for some reason when playing with a controller and trying to open the ESC menu the game crashes.

Ok so I want feedback on something because I managed to make a workaround work, and it's literally stuff from everyone that I read that tried stuff and managed to grab what worked and made a difference if it wasn't done:

First go to "C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise Remastered" and edit the config.ini file

Change the resolution to 720p, it should look like this:

Width=1280
Height=720

Now before you launch the game put it Origin in offline mode and launch it.

This managed me to pass the DMV screen and actually play the game without a problem, I changed the D3DCompiler_47.dll as well just to be sure if when I openned the settings to put the stuff I wanted the game didn't crash and I was able to do that just fine, you can find it on the internet just by putting the dll name on the google search, no need to ask someone to secretly send you the dll file.

It will be helpfull if more people try this and say if it worked for them or not, I know it's a mess of stuff but I made it work somehow by only doing what I said.

If the stuff above still didn't help there's something else that you can try that people posted, on the config.ini change the values 0 like this:

VSYNC=0

Shadows=0
EnvironmentMap=0
MotionBlur=0
SSAO=0
LOD=0
AntiAliasing=0
AntiAliasingQuality=0
FXAA=0
Textures=0

Message 84 of 446 (16,256 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not working for me. Still crash after connecting to server. Offline mode working as before.

Message 85 of 446 (16,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

"Now before you launch the game put it Origin in offline mode and launch it."

[Removed unkind comment - CM]      

Message 86 of 446 (16,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

For the purpose of research and as I have a spare hard disk, I installed a fresh install of Windows 10 on that drive, along with Origin and the game.

Worked perfectly.

Now going to find the program or driver that's the culprit in my main install.

Message 87 of 446 (16,219 Views)

Has stopped working

★★★★★ Novice

Burnout paradise remastered crashing i connected later game has stopped working crashing Pls help

Message 88 of 446 (15,702 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@kevin8082720p@60hz and new .dll in offline mode didn't work for me, still crashing at DMV screen

Message 89 of 446 (16,175 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Hoopyy try to change this stuff in the config.ini file, did help me when I first tried:

VSYNC=0

Shadows=0
EnvironmentMap=0
MotionBlur=0
SSAO=0
LOD=1
AntiAliasing=0
AntiAliasingQuality=0
FXAA=0
Textures=0
Message 90 of 446 (16,156 Views)