Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by kevin8082

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
game works fine in offline mode, but when i go in to multieplayer the game crashes without a report
Message 71 of 446 (5,020 Views)

★★ Novice

Hade those problems to and my solution was as following.
Add a firewall rule in Widows Defender Firewall that allow the \burnoutpr.exe application ti communicate through Widows Firewall.

Second problem that came was with the DMV registration sequence when the app was trying to access my camera.
The can I use is a Kinect for Windows v2 (known as Kinect for Xbox One). Had to disable the cam.

So after that the app is running but the downside now iss that I have to disable my cam before I start this game.

Message 72 of 446 (5,018 Views)

Community Manager

If you can get past the connecting to server screen (in offline mode) but fail at the DMV license section, try disabling your camera and/or THIS - thanks @mannduro

barry.png
Message 73 of 446 (4,996 Views)

★★ Apprentice
well I dont have a webcam and it crashes, and the refresh rate on my monitor is already 60hz so I cant change, only thing left is the resolution which mine is 1600x900, I could try putting it on my TV which runs at 1920x1080 60hz but I doubt it will be any different
Message 74 of 446 (5,136 Views)

★★ Pro

From what I understand the game is already set at 1080p, maybe the resolution is the problem, maybe you can use the TV one time, if it run then you can go to the menu and change it to 900p, and then it will run oh your monitor

Message 75 of 446 (5,127 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry

Not applicable as i am on Origin Access (cant run in offline mode with trial) .. and although i can get the discount, i am not exactly keen on buying a game that isnt in a working state . 

Message 76 of 446 (5,102 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Been having the same issues as others (crash at connecting to servers, offline mode crashes at DMV), but I don't have a webcam so can't try disabling that. Just tried changing my monitor to 60hz, then tried limiting the fps of the game to 30fps while at 60hz (both in offline mode), but getting the same result.

Message 77 of 446 (5,086 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
It works in offline as I said before, no crash. But when I decide to go online and try to connect the servers it crashes immediately.
Message 78 of 446 (5,083 Views)

★★ Novice

In my case i had the same problem as Firehawk in Page 2, he gave me the file and now i can play without problem :D

Message 79 of 446 (5,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

well just got home and tested the resolution thing and also didn't work, the game still crashes at the DMV screen, where's the patch to fix this already?

Message 80 of 446 (4,993 Views)